As a new graduate, we aim to provide you more than just your ‘traditional’ graduate program; instead we kick start your career as an Associate and support you to turn theory into practice.
You’ll receive on-the-job learning, as well as technical and professional skill development through our structured learning programs, by working with our leaders and being involved in client work right from the beginning.
We don’t work in silos – meaning you’ll get exposure to clients across a broad range of industries. It also means that cross-team and cross-office collaboration is just part of what we do, giving you the opportunity to develop a breadth skills and knowledge, and work with leading minds across the whole Grant Thornton network.
Current opportunities – Tax
We are currently looking for driven and ambitious graduate candidates in Perth to join our Corporate Tax, Research and Development Tax and Remuneration Tax teams as New Associates in 2021.
Australia’s tax landscape is increasingly complex, and businesses of all shapes and sizes look to us for advice on effectively and efficiently managing their tax obligations. Our Corporate Tax team work with our clients to understand their business and commercial needs, enabling us to provide value-added, proactive commercial tax advice, and allowing our clients to make confident business decisions. Our team work across a broad spectrum of complex tax issues at every stage of the business lifecycle including business structuring, major corporate transactions (acquisitions and restructures), transactional tax advice and tax compliance.
Research and Development (R&D) Tax
Research and development involves innovations across all aspects of business, including new products, enhanced processes and fresh ways of working. But innovation can be an expensive pursuit. Our specialist R&D team help our clients to make the most of their R&D investments through identifying eligible R&D activities and collating accurate supporting documentation.
In today’s ever-changing and competitive corporate landscape, attracting and retaining top talent is a challenge for most organisations. Our Remuneration Tax team provides specialist tax advisory services with particular focus on employment taxes - including FBT, payroll tax, superannuation, Employee Share Schemes, remuneration and salary sacrifice arrangements – to ensure our clients are able to reward their top performers in a sustainable and tax-efficient manner.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for driven, well-rounded candidates who connect with our clients, our purpose and our culture and want to make an impact right from the start.
In addition to studying towards a relevant qualification, we’re looking for people who are curious, ambitious and who value the things we value:
- We empower our people to make a difference. We want our people to think for themselves, to speak up, and to actively shape our firm’s culture and future.
- We genuinely care about our clients. As part of our work, we discover what’s important to them and enjoy helping them succeed.
- We want our people to bring their whole selves to work. Individuality and authenticity are very important to our firm.
- We highly value collaboration. We believe that it’s energising and stimulating to collaborate – to learn from and be inspired by others. We believe that diverse teams will always outperform the individual.
To be eligible for our graduate opportunities, you must be:
- in your final year of study, or have completed a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last 2 years;
- CA eligible upon completion of your degree; and
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident.
Applications close at 11.55pm AEST on Sunday, 20th September 2020. Positions are limited so apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you throughout the recruitment process, please contact Kate Minns, Graduate Recruitment Senior Consultant on 03 8663 6436 or at [email protected] to discuss your application and your individual needs.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:20th Sep 2020, 1:55 pm