We are currently looking for a driven and ambitious Associate or Graduate to join our Sydney Forensic Consulting team, commencing in early 2020. This role would suit someone with less than 12 months experience in Forensics or an early career audit professional who is looking to transition into a new area of expertise.
About the role
As an Associate or Graduate in our Forensic Consulting team, you will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst applying your accounting experience across a broad range of forensic engagements, including investigations, fraud risk management, litigation support and analytics.
This opportunity will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who will assist and motivate you to gain a wide range of exposure to forensic work.
Highlights of our work in the last 12 months include:
- Investigating a >$50m Ponzi scheme and reconstructing its records
- Assisting companies facing compulsory acquisition from government projects like WestConnex
- Producing a report on a shareholder class action
- Providing expert accounting work to value losses in litigation
- Investigating: a CEO’s expenses, an IT team who appeared to be behaving inappropriately & instances of cyber-fraud.
- Valuing businesses in both disputes and acquisitions
- Data analytics to ensure the integrity of client data
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and curious. You have a passion for learning and strong problem solving skills. This role will suit someone with the following experience and attributes:
- Assist with the undertaking of research and analysis to assess financial losses
- Developing financial data models from transactional and financial data
- Contribute to the forensic team locally and nationally with business development initiatives and team events • Solid verbal and written communications skills
- An eye for detail
Some previous experience in Forensics or Audit is highly desirable, but not essential to being successful in this role.
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and seek to harness our people's individual skills and talents. You will thrive in our vibrant, down to earth yet entrepreneurial environment that empowers our people to succeed within a social work culture.
We are committed to offering a distinctive people experience. This means that all team members have the opportunity to explore working arrangements that support them to meet both their professional and personal commitments. Making for a happier, healthier life, this approach also enables you to feel and perform your best at work. Being flexible benefits our firm, our clients, and our people!
Applications close at 11.55pm Monday, 25 November 2019. Suitable applicants will be progressed upon submission of applications, so apply quickly to avoid disappointment.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to progress through the recruitment process, we encourage you to please contact Kate Medlen, Graduate Recruitment Senior Consultant at 03 8663 6436 or at [email protected] to discuss your application and your individual needs.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2019, 12:55 pm