At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Graduate Site Reliability Engineer, you will join a team responsible for developing and operating the Software as a Service offerings that provide Data Services in IBM Cloud. In this role, you will help to drive and implement new tools to facilitate operations, create applications to gather insights into our platform and use your analytical skills to diagnose and troubleshoot issues. Working closely with our worldwide teams, you will have a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the latest database technologies and be supported by a global team of IBMers to grow your own technical skills and kickstart your career.
As a Graduate Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical support and act as a primary responder for operational issues and inquiries from our global support team
- Follow runbooks to resolve issues and use your problem solving skills to diagnose or troubleshoot platform or Data Services issues
- Collaborate with the wider team to share recommendations, solutions and ideas
- Look for enhancements and innovative solutions to help the services scale and improve existing technical support tools, procedures, or processes.
- Develop and enhance your technical knowledge in public cloud technology and related platform toolsets
- Be mentored by industry leading professionals, who will be investing in your training and development
What skills and attributes do I need to be successful in this role?
- At IBM we are interested in people who have a passion for technology. For this role, candidates pursuing studies in the following areas would be well-aligned: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other degrees with a technical focus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and being able to prioritise appropriately.
- A growth mindset and a commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in any of the following is desirable (but not mandatory – training will be provided for the right candidate):
- Linux Operating systems
- Containerization software ie. Kubenetes, Docker
- Programming languages eg. Python, Go
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are in your final year of tertiary education OR have graduated from an Australian University no earlier than 2020,
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are an Australian Citizen.
Don’t wait to apply, we recruit on a rolling basis.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, selecting candidates to complete online cognitive assessments (invitation received via email), then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process.
It is helpful if you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport or Birth Certificate/Photo ID)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm