IBM: Individuality, Curiosity, Possibility.
At IBM, we have the power to make meaningful change. Every individual with a quest for knowledge and passionate curiosity from around the world has a voice and makes adding to our story possible. Help shape our future and define what’s possible at IBM.
IBM is a global software, hardware and services company, fostering a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world.
IBM is proud to be included in the Ethisphere World’s Most Ethical Companies list (4th year running), as well as named #3 in Forbes 2022 World’s Best Employers list, based on our employees’ recommendations, our economic footprint, talent development, gender equality and social responsibility. IBM Australia is also delighted to be part of GradConnection’s Top 20 Graduate Employers for 2022.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Find what defines you:
We are currently searching for creative problem solvers and original thinkers to become our 2023 IBM Consulting Graduates.
These are full time permanent positions, based in Bathurst. We will have intakes in early and mid 2023.
- Get access to the latest education, tools and technology including training and certification tailored to your role as part of our graduate consultant program, The IBM Services Associate Program.
- Work within diverse teams and be supported by a network of fellow graduates, experienced professionals, mentors and global communities.
- Join a workplace that champions inclusion and a culture of giving back through initiatives such as our annual volunteering day “Blue Day Out”, plus all new hires are awarded grants to donate to their favourite charities.
- Benefit from our Floating Cultural Holiday Policy which enable employees to ‘trade’ an official public holiday for a ‘cultural day’.
- Participate in the IBM Employees Stock Purchase Plan and purchase IBM stock for a discounted price.
As a graduate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams helping businesses change the way they work. We are looking for graduates to join us in the following roles:
- Consultant – use consulting skills, business acumen, and technical knowledge to effectively implement technology into the clients’ business environment.
- Developer – design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today.
- Project Manager – ensures that client needs are satisfied through the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of application solutions.
- Data Scientist – solve business problems by preparing, analysing, and understanding data to deliver insights.
- Test Specialist – design, build and execute testing as an integral part of the delivering the right system to our clients and that it is built right.
What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- At IBM we are interested in candidates who have a passion for technology.
- For our technical roles the following degrees are well-aligned: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other degrees with a technical focus.
- For our business roles we will consider all degrees including Business Information Systems, Business Management, Finance, Commerce, Economics.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required.
- A growth mindset, and commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based consulting environment.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are in your final year of tertiary education OR have graduated from an Australian University no earlier than 2021,
- have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- maintain a credit average, and
- are an Australian Citizen.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process. It is helpful if you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport or Birth Certificate/Photo ID).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Arts and Humanities, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Closing Date:16th Dec 2022, 12:59 pm