LIFE AT IMC AS 2021/22 HARDWARE ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
HARDWARE ENGINEERING AT IMC
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognise areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
If so, then our Hardware Engineering Internship is for you! At IMC, Hardware Engineers don’t just write code and design technology. They are responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. As a result, they deliver results and make a difference. We know that having the best technology is what drives our business. Hardware development is pragmatic, fun, and challenges complexity through innovation.
YOUR ROLE AS A HARDWARE ENGINEER INTERN
As a Hardware Engineer Intern, you will:
- Learn what it means to be an Engineer in a real-world environment
- Develop your technical skills and knowledge of algorithm complexity, professional design, and writing fluent code
- Enhance your knowledge of our business model
- Build key relationships across our Trading and Technology teams
- Work on meaningful and challenging projects
- Be supported by a mentor who will oversee your progress through the Internship
- Learn to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded
- Potentially secure a Graduate position before actually graduating
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
- Currently in your penultimate year of study
- Studying a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Maths, or a related field of study
- Strong in your analytical skills and have a desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Proficient in Verilog, VHDL or other RTL programming (additional software experience is a plus; Python, C++, or similar)
- Willing to interact and work closely with non-Engineers in a constantly changing environment
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- Salary of $100,000
- Real projects, from day one
- Accommodation in Sydney
- A structured, 10-week program
- The support to succeed
- A highly competitive salary and many perks
- A fun work environment including many social activities, in a cool office and with great people
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 1:59 pm