LIFE AT IMC AS 2022 GRADUATE TRADER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE TRADER
As a Graduate Trader you will:
- Develop, maintain, and improve trading models, algorithms, and systems
- Trade a range of financial instruments (in a highly automated way)
- Manage the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Research new market opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Developers and Engineers to understand and improve technical infrastructure
At IMC, you’ll be able to:
- Have a real-time connection to the world economy, and to gain knowledge to act on it
- Make decisions that will have a direct impact on the company’s trading profits
- Excel - creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded
- Solve complex problems
About the traineeship:
- The IMC Trading Academy is a global training program that focuses on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming and mathematics
- It uses a combination of in-house courses and trading simulations, designed by experienced Traders and Engineers
- During your first 7 weeks, you’ll be trained as part of a global cohort across two of our offices. Following your global Trading Academy, you’ll then have 7-9 weeks of local training
- You’ll be paired with a mentor who’ll help you get up to speed and set-up for success
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
- Studying a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum Distinction average, or equivalent
- An avid problem solver who has a flair for numerical analysis
- Competitive, driven to win, and you thrive in a team environment
- Comfortable making decisions in uncertainty, and able to remain focused under pressure
- Passionate about financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required)
- Ready to start in either February or August 2022
At IMC, we trade a wide range of financial instruments, in different ways. Therefore, we look for different types of Traders:
Quantitative Trader: You grasp quantitative concepts quickly, and love solving complex problems. You want to understand the details & be mathematically creative with your solutions.
Market Maker: You love puzzles and problem-solving. You grasp concepts quickly and feel comfortable making decisions even when you don’t have all the details.
Positional Trader: You have a passion for financial markets, trading & winning. You have strong communication skills, take calculated risks, and remain calm under pressure.
Your recruitment process will vary between roles, based on your background. Once you start the Traineeship, your strengths will determine the desk and role you take on as a Graduate Trader.
- $175,000 in your first year as a Graduate (Salary $100,000 + Sign on Bonus $25,000 + First Year Bonus $50,000)
- Real projects and the ability to make a real impact, from day one
- The support to succeed
- A fun work environment including many social activities, in a cool office, and with great people
- The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Computer Science,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:9th Apr 2021, 1:59 pm