Graduate Trader 2023/2024
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
TRADING AT IMC
IMC is a fast, dynamic environment where you’re trusted to make decisions from day one. We trade a wide range of financial instruments in many ways. This means we look for different types of traders, from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to those who want more of the fast-paced, hands-on style of trading and have a higher appetite for risk.
Our traders all share one thing in common—they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure that we always trade in the right place at the right time.
Your IMC journey will begin with a seven-week global trading traineeship led by our seasoned traders and engineers, during which you’ll meet graduates from Sydney, Amsterdam and Chicago. You’ll then continue your training in your local office for two months. During your training, we’ll work closely with you, monitoring your skills, performance and preferences to help you find the trading career that is right for you.
Where you go from here is up to you—we’ll help you carve out your own niche as you tackle new challenges and explore exciting opportunities in our markets. And you’ll gain real recognition for your ideas and successes along the way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Start with a seven-week international traineeship in two of our global offices.
- Become familiar with the different areas of our business while being trained by some of the world’s best traders and engineers.
- Solve complex problems and make decisions that will have a direct impact on the company’s trading profits.
- Develop, maintain and improve trading models, algorithms and systems.
- Manage the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Developers and Engineers to understand and improve technical infrastructure.
- Research new market opportunities.
- Have a real-time connection to the world economy and gain the knowledge to act on it.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Support from a mentor specifically chosen to work with you and guide you through each step of your traineeship and onboarding process.
- Structured training, coaching and professional development opportunities.
- An environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- The chance to travel the world and work in our offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- An inspiring and vibrant work environment in the new Quay Quarter Towers overlooking Sydney Harbour—recently named “the world’s best building.”
- Weekly social activities, regular team events and an annual company getaway.
- In-house chef providing breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- In-house barista providing tea, coffee and refreshments.
- Complimentary weekly fitness classes and subsidised health and wellbeing programs.
- Paid volunteer leave to give back to causes that are important to you.
- Generous relocation package if you’re not from Sydney.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An academic background in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum Distinction average or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complex problems.
- A competitive drive to win and thrive in a team environment.
- An inquisitive mind, self-sufficiency and resilience.
- The ability to make decisions in uncertainty and remain focused under pressure.
- A genuine passion for financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required).
- The ability to commence in either February or August 2024.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies, Banking and Finance, Computer...
- Work rights:Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Closing Date:14th Mar 2023, 5:55 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.