WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation. Are you someone who is passionate about making things happen? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
RISK MANAGEMENT AT IMC:
Our Risk Management team operates very closely with our trading and technology teams in order to manage the inherent risks in different trading strategies across various technologies. The Risk Management team is responsible for developing risk metrics and tools to quantify and monitor these risks.
To excel in this role you will combine your risk management expertise and analytical skills to add value, not bureaucracy to the business. We are looking for someone who can bring expertise and at the same time has a critical, proactive, and hands-on approach.
Risk Analyst at IMC:
- Assess, develop, and implement solutions to complex business processes.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and benchmark market, credit, liquidity and operational risk and assist in implementing corrective action plans to mitigate that risk.
- Contribute to global risk projects
- Analyse and resolve operational incidents as they arise.
- Represent the Risk function internally across different teams and committees and manage local initiatives and projects.
- Actively work on the ongoing development of in-house built Risk Management tools.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- You will start with an international traineeship in at least one of our global offices. You will have the opportunity to work with global teams and to learn from the best traders, quants, and engineers from around the world. The Global traineeship program focuses on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming, and mathematics.
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is how closely you will work with trading and other areas of the firm. As part of the Risk team, you will interact with most teams within the organization and achieve a high-level understanding of how the business operates.
- We strive to create strong teams with strong individuals. You will learn a lot from your peers and will continue to develop your skills and business knowledge as the business grows and changes.
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common are their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts, and their collaborative approach.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering, Maths, Statistics or Physics with a minimum overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- From graduate up to 3 years' work experience preferably with a demonstrated interest in derivatives trading environment or products
- Experience with programming in Python and/or SQL / Hadoop is a strong advantage
- Interest in financial markets is a must, but no prior knowledge or experience required
- Excellent trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills and the ability to solve problems creatively and proactively
- The ability to prioritize, act, and perform successfully in a fast-moving and high-pressured environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business. Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm
Globally, we believe in hiring the best people and giving them the freedom, responsibility and ongoing support they need to succeed (and have some fun along the way). They learn, grow and expand their knowledge in a flat structure that means the best ideas are always recognized, regardless of position. From traders, to technologists, to our business support team, it’s their collaboration that is one of our biggest strengths, and has made us one of the world’s leading market makers.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Software, Information Technology, Mathematics,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 12:59 pm