Intrax is an end-to-end supplier of engineering, surveying, and geotechnical services to the building and land development industries. Founded in Victoria in 2003, we have grown rapidly into a large-sized engineering consultancy employing over 300 people across Australia and China.
Our Head Office is located in Melbourne CBD with further offices in NSW, SA, QLD located throughout Australia and China, all serving our growing client list of leading residential builders, industrial and commercial development companies, government and urban land authorities, developers, and architects.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and highly driven Graduate Field Services Engineer for an immediate start in an exciting and challenging field - based role in Victoria.
Be part of a continually growing organisation and motivated team with a role geared towards your professional development.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Drill and log boreholes (mechanical auger/hand auger)
- Operate Machinery (ute mounted auger/percussion tube sampler)
- Take soil samples and logging in accordance with AS1726-2017
- Produce Site Reports
- Produce Feature Surveys
- Assist with Drafting/Engineering/NATA Accredited Lab Teams
- Communicate internally with staff and on occasion clients
- Organising your day efficiently and effectively under changing conditions
- Have on going in-house training and mentoring
- Start building your career with strong foundations (pardon the pun)
You will need to have:
- A Civil Engineering or Geology degree
- An interest in developing fundamental geotechnical engineering and surveying knowledge
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a similar role/some site experience (desirable but not essential)
- Full and valid manual driver’s license
- Minimum one year’s local driving experience
- 3.5t towing experience (desirable but not essential)
- Experience/exposure to operating machinery (ideally ute mounted drilling rigs)
- Experience with survey equipment (ideally Leica or similar; desirable but not essential)
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Preferred knowledge of logging procedure in accordance with AS1726-2017
- Understanding of AS1289-2014 and AS2870-2011
- Industry White Card (essential)
- Willingness to work outdoors
- Mechanical aptitude
- Eligibility for full time work within Australia
What we can offer:
- An environment that challenges and welcomes innovation.
- Leaders who nurture, support and develop the leader in you.
- Career development through internal and external training.
- A team that is friendly and supportive.
- A flexible work environment.
YOU MUST HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS IN AUSTRALIA.
If you are interested and believe you would be a good fit, then please apply by clicking on the apply and attaching your CV and cover letter.
* You should have full working rights to work in Australia
* Only shortlisted candidates will be considered
Recruitment agencies, thank you for thinking of us but we will not be accepting agency enquiries for this position.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:7th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm