The name IXOM may be new to you (it's only a few years old) but as an organisation we've been around for over a century. We now have more than 1,100 employees across 10 countries, so far.
IXOM is a market leader in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand, with an increasing presence throughout South East Asia and North America.
Every day, we provide solutions to a range of industries including dairy, water, and food & beverage.
Chances are, we are already part of your everyday life, in some way or another. To see how, go to our website, www.IXOM.com.
This is an exciting time to join our business as we move towards a sustainable, successful, and promising future.
The Ixperience Graduate Program
Ixom is all about our people – we know our people are our most important resource and give us our competitive edge – this starts from day one. We are committed to ensuring our graduates have the best possible start towards a successful, rewarding career and feel supported throughout their time with us.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Ixom as a graduate in our Process Cleaning Solutions (PCS) Team based in Mt Maunganui.
This unique graduate position will see you applying your strong technical and communication skills to contribute to innovation and development support for dairy growth in New Zealand. Throughout the three-year graduate program, you will have the opportunity to rotate across three positions. Some of the activities you will contribute to in your first rotation include the below (and more)!
Product Development and Innovation
- Develop new and improve existing products for Dairy F&B and agriculture markets
- Formulate new and/or improved products through laboratory and pilot testing process
- Project manage development initiatives from initiation to completion
- Technical specialist support to commercial team
- Provide technical representation at procurement/customer meetings relevant to your projects
- Provide advice and support to sales team relating to innovation projects
- Support technical sales team with onsite technical support work and trial/implementation of product development work
- Build relationships with key decision makers within customers’ organisations
- Provide required levels of technical support to customer base
- Provide on-site laboratory scale testing services
- Assist customers where required with on-site product trials
- Provide feedback and market intelligence to Product Managers and Sales Manager
The benefits of our graduate program include:
- Gaining a permanent position on completion of your three-year graduate program
- The chance to rotate through various roles within Ixom
- A nominated graduate Buddy in your first year for peer-to-peer support
- An assigned mentor for support, career guidance and advice
- Graduate development workshops
- A graduate peer community – one that lasts a lifetime
- Involvement in local community projects
- A competitive salary and benefits package
We are looking for people who have:
- A minimum three-year degree in Chemical Engineering or Science
- A strong ability to build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to relocate within New Zealand if required. Your initial location will be Mt Maunganui
- A well-rounded background with some work experience and/or an interest in extracurricular activities
- Flexibility and ability to deal with complexity
- A positive, inquisitive nature with the drive to excel and exceed expectations
- Resilience, maturity and accountability
- An open and inclusive attitude and a hunger for knowledge and experience
- Full rights to work in New Zealand and a full New Zealand driver’s license
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Science
- Work rights:New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Auckland (New Zealand)
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2022, 1:59 pm