The K&L Gates Summer Clerk Program will allow you to work closely with a supervising partner or special counsel/senior associate who will be responsible for your daily work. A graduate or junior lawyer will also provide ongoing support throughout your time at the firm. In addition to the daily on the job feedback and guidance you receive, you will also be involved in a structured review at the conclusion of each rotation.
Professional development is provided throughout your clerkship. It begins on your first day with a comprehensive induction program and continues throughout the clerkship program, enabling you to learn important skills that will lay the foundation for your legal career.
As a Clerk
You will have the opportunity to complete two rotations within our practice groups:
- Corporate (includes M&A, capital markets, private equity and tax)
- Labour, Employment and Workplace Safety
- Real Estate (includes construction litigation and environment & planning)
- Finance (includes banking, and insolvency/restructuring)
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Financial Services (includes investment and funds management)
- Policy and Regulatory
- Energy Infrastructure and Resources
- Intellectual Property
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in many social activities. K&L Gates' clerks are encouraged to attend learning and development sessions, firm celebrations and other activities such as staff drinks and our regular pro-bono, community and charitable activities.
Not only will you get to experience what is like to work in a global commercial law firm first hand, you will have the chance to enjoy our down to earth culture we are known for. There will also be opportunities to join in on some of the work we do to create an inclusive, diverse and supportive working environment through events such as those held by Inspire (LQBTIQ+ support network), Diversity committee and Women in the Profession committee.
- Job type:Clerkships
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:14th Jul 2019, 12:59 pm