We are currently seeking people with a different mindset to join our Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane teams for our 2021 graduate intake.
Our forensic group uncover, analyse and clarify facts at the centre of disputes, investigations and other sensitive matters. We are one of the largest teams of forensic investigators, forensic accountants and forensic technology specialists in Asia-Pacific and are regularly called on to provide evidence in sensitive, high-profile disputes and investigations.
This graduate role is to work primarily in forensic accounting and investigations.
We consider applicants with any degree, not just accounting. We value curiosity and creativity, and we are looking for graduates who can work as part of an expert team to solve our clients’ most difficult problems. Our work involves explaining difficult and complex concepts to our clients, often in a report or presentation, so we are looking for all-rounders who enjoy writing as much as analysing numbers.
What you’ll be doing
As a forensic graduate, you need to be able to take complex information and present it in a simple way. This normally involves reviewing and analysing evidence, both factual and financial, and our findings may even be used in Court. While no two days will be the same, you can expect to work on a wide variety of complex projects, including forensic accounting, data analytics, and investigations. Some of the work might include the following:
- review and analyse financial information to really understand the data, and to perhaps determine if any anomalies exist
- draft reports of key findings for clients, often for use as an independent expert in court.
- build simple financial models
- scrutinise information using professional scepticism
- attend client and internal meetings
- attend interviews of witnesses/suspects with senior staff and take notes
- contribute to our popular series of publications and blogs
- attend events and other marketing activities with lawyers and other clients
In addition to the above, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- attend our national grad week where you’ll learn from the best in the business and forge lasting relationships
- work on interesting, varied and rewarding projects alongside bold and creative thinkers
- work on behalf of high-profile clients to solve complex commercial challenges
- gain experience across numerous industries
- receive full support whilst you complete your CA or relevant qualifications including extra study days
- work within a unique and supportive culture with an open-door policy
- work within a flexible and accommodating work environment
- receive ongoing professional development through our in-house business school
- receive career support through personalised mentoring programs and career development plans
You will be a recent graduate or student in your final year of study and will have:
- a Bachelor degree with strong academic results, preferably in accounting, commerce, science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- a razor-sharp eye for detail and advanced critical thinking skills
- excellent analytical skills, with an ability to think outside-the-box.
- a confident personality who enjoys working in a team.
- eligibility to live and work in Australia (Australian citizens and permanent residents only)
We are an advisory and investment firm that help clients to grow, protect and recover value. We have 400 specialists across nine offices in Asia-Pacific who work to solve the regions’ most complex commercial challenges. We have an entrepreneurial mindset, a strong team culture and a working environment that is both stimulating and flexible.
Sydney – 22 March 2020
Brisbane – 22 March 2020
Melbourne – 29 March 2020
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Engineering, Law,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen,...
- Closing Date:22nd Mar 2020, 12:59 pm