Different Mindset. Different Opportunity.
At KordaMentha, we’re known for doing things differently. And we’re known for coming up with bold new ways to help clients solve their most complex commercial problems.
We help clients throughout their lifecycle. We help them grow and maximise value. We help protect them against financial loss and reputational damage. And we help them recover value in tough times.
At KordaMentha, we provide the opportunity to work on interesting and varied engagements, where no two days are the same.
By joining us as a vacationer, you will become part of a unique, creative and entrepreneurial team that works together to solve complex business problems. You will be given the opportunity to engage in a supportive environment where you’re encouraged to ask “what if?” and “why not?” to find new ways to help clients grow, protect and recover value. Best of all, you’ll learn from a diverse group of people while we invest in your study and training. You may only be here for a short time, but you will get exposure to a wide variety of tasks and by the end of the placement, you’ll have a really good understanding of the industry and whether this is something you’d like to do as a graduate career!
Your opportunity: Data Analytics
Our forensic group uncover, analyse and clarify facts at the centre of disputes, investigations and other sensitive matters. We are one of the largest teams of forensic investigators, forensic accountants and forensic technology specialists in Asia-Pacific and are regularly called on to provide evidence in sensitive, high-profile disputes and investigations.
This vacationer role is to work in Data Analytics as part of the national team. You can do your placement from either Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
What you’ll be doing
As a Data Analyst vacationer, you will assist a wide variety of teams with data analytic services including investigations, legal disputes, consulting and corporate recovery. This will involve analysis of large data sets from various data sources including financial and operational systems.
You’ll have the chance to learn from some of the best in the business and gain skills with programs you have only touched on at university.
But it’s not all about work. You’ll be given a buddy to help you navigate office life as you settle in. We have regular catch ups with People and Culture to ensure you are getting the most out of your placement. We host regular events and activities, bringing together our close-knit team in a friendly and relaxed environment so you can get to know the people behind the professionals.
You will be a student in your penultimate year of study and will have:
- a bachelor’s degree with strong academic results, in either Information Technology, Data Analytics, Computer Science or Accounting
- strong data analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret findings or identify key data insights;
- a wide database knowledge and a working understanding of database construction/ schemas;
- ability to work with, generate and conceptualise data visualisations and data dashboards using visualisation tools;
- a willingness to learn from the experienced professionals in the team
- be available for 4 or 8 weeks between late November 2021 and late January 2022
- eligibility to live and work in Australia (Australian citizens and permanent residents only)
Applications close - 21 March 2021
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Computer Science,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- POSITION START DATE
Sep 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
4 or 8 Weeks
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2021, 12:59 pm