- The strategy is the plan, then there’s making it happen. With us, you can do both the planning and the practical to make business goals a reality.
- Discover lots of paths for your career and get a taste of a graduate program
- Use your study break to solve real problems and find your specialist strategy or operations field
Are you interested in how brands can walk the talk when it comes to demonstrating their commitment to the environment?
Are you good at connecting what you see in the media today with what the future will look like?
Do you wonder which community services will most benefit the economy in 50 years’ time if we invest in them today?
You’ll find fascinating opportunities in one of our Strategy & Operations consulting teams.
Taking a graduate position here might see you:
- Developing a social media campaign to promote a KPMG service like cyber security to organisations who might not know it’s work we do (Client Experience & Brand)
- Understanding an organisation’s purpose and finding ways to align their reputation to meet it (Customer Brand & Marketing Advisory)
- Designing a HR department and operating model from strategy through to putting the right people in the right roles (HR Advisory)
- Advising a government department on social infrastructure investments, like early childhood services, parks or emergency services, that will get the best outcomes for Australian communities (Planning & Infrastructure Economics)
About our Vacation Program
KPMG’s Vacation Program is a 4-8 week program offered to both undergraduates and postgraduates in the penultimate year of their degree to prepare for the first step from study into career – it’s a taste of our graduate program. It’s your opportunity to experience day-to-day life at KPMG first-hand during university vacation periods and develop your work skills. You’ll explore the areas you might like to work in and network with peers and KPMG colleagues. If you find the area that’s right for you, you’ll also be in a great position to kick start your career in the KPMG graduate program when you finish your studies.
Where could you work?
When you apply, you’ll need to select which Strategy & Operations teams you’re interested in joining:
- Client Experience & Brand
- Corporate Affairs
- Strategy Group
- Enterprise – Business Transformation
- Customer Brand & Marketing Advisory
- HR Advisory
- Operations Advisory
- People & Change
- Policy, Programs & Evaluation
- Planning & Infrastructure Economics
- Sourcing & Procurement Advisory
- Transformation Program Management
What is KPMG?
KPMG Australia is a professional services firm. Clients across a wide range of industries, government, and not-for-profit sectors come to us with complex challenges and our teams develop real-world, sustainable solutions in partnership with them.
We offer a full range of services across Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting; Deals, Tax & Legal; Management Consulting; and Innovation & Digital Solutions. Plus, our KPMG Enterprise division is dedicated to the unique needs of mid-sized, fast-growing and family-owned businesses.
Our approximately 9,000 people have expertise across almost every industry and specialism. We could be working on anything from helping a family-owned apple farm branch out into growing a new fruit to improvement opportunities while auditing a telecommunication company’s books or finding ways to increase jobs in a remote island community.
We have 13 offices around the country and we’re part of the global KPMG network of firms, operating in 146 countries and territories.
Why choose us?
Working out where to take your career is hard and daunting but you can fast track things here.
The work we do is diverse (and so are the people you’ll work with), so you’ll collect lots of experience quickly to help you find the path that’s right for you.
Sure, most professional services firms offer ‘great experience’ but this is how we’re different:
- Our leaders and your colleagues are truly committed to student development: you’ll be doing the real work to build your career intentionally.
- We see you: Your studies take commitment and you’ll want to use what you’ve learned! With us you’ll apply your new knowledge to real-world challenges. Every team is committed to helping our clients navigate through their challenges, so your work will be meaningful, not just a transaction.
- Our graduate support and social events are brilliant: you’ll build a network who will support you now and into the future, wherever you go – from your fellow vacationers to your business mentors and experts.
- A huge menu of perks. Here’s a taste:
- Clubs for whatever interest you have – running, books, yoga, German language… take your pick and join a community
- Brilliant social clubs in each city (think comedy nights and an annual ball… covid restrictions permitting!)
- well-supported inclusion networks such as our Belong cultural network, [email protected] and the KPMG Indigenous Network
It’s a truly inclusive culture and by that we mean that everyone who wants to help our clients, communities and their colleagues grow sustainably and do meaningful work is welcome. Our clients tell us the way we go about our work is what sets us apart – we think deeply and differently to solve complex problems. Diversity of thought is what makes that happen.
We’re proud of creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. For us, our difference comes down to people and culture:
- Our people are smart, innovative, curious and respectful.
- Our culture is open, inclusive and collaborative.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, start your application now.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Arts and Humanities,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Canberra, Regional ACT,...
- Closing Date:28th Jan 2022, 12:55 pm