- Finance is more than numbers; the decisions can make or break a company’s plans and reputation and can have serious impacts on the world
- Join a graduate program where you’ll be doing the real work; not the boring admin jobs – your career development is our priority
- You’ve studied hard, now apply it to real problems and find your specialist finance field
Are you interested in the ‘how’ of how money makes the world go ‘round?
Are you good both at understanding the detail of the numbers and zooming out to see the bigger picture, like why green finance matters?
Do you wonder how to value the invaluable, like a trademark or customer loyalty?
You’ll find fascinating opportunities in one of our Finance consulting teams.
Taking a graduate position here might see you:
- Helping a company identify a tech start up for acquisition so they can increase their service offering (Mergers & Acquisitions team)
- Working out the value of a trademark or customer relationships (Valuations team)
- Developing a new structure for a company’s Finance division and making it happen (Finance Strategy & Performance)
- Investigating the best options to raise capital for a company’s international expansion (Debt Advisory Services team)
About our graduate program
KPMG’s Graduate Pathway is a 12-month development program underpinned by specific learning in your chosen specialism. The program lets you be the driver, with flexibility to choose your specialism and support you to decide what you want to learn. Our program is flexible because it needs to be tailored to every single graduate.
Where could you work?
When you apply, you’ll need to select which teams you’re interested in joining:
- CFO Advisory
- Debt Advisory Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Restructuring Services
- Transaction Services
- Working Capital Advisory
- Enterprise - Corporate Finance
- Commercial Advisory & Transactions
- Commercial Advisory & Transactions - Real Estate
- Commercial Advisory & Transactions - Energy
- Think Pay
- Finance Strategy & Performance
What is KPMG?
KPMG Australia is a professional services firm. Clients across a wide range of industries, government, and not-for-profit sectors come to us with complex challenges and our teams develop real-world, sustainable solutions in partnership with them.
We offer a full range of services across Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting; Deals, Tax & Legal; Management Consulting; and Innovation & Digital Solutions. Plus, our KPMG Enterprise division is dedicated to the unique needs of mid-sized, fast-growing and family-owned businesses.
Our approximately 7,000 people have expertise across almost every industry and specialism. We could be working on anything from helping a family-owned apple farm branch out into growing a new fruit to improvement opportunities while auditing a telecommunication company’s books or finding ways to increase jobs in a remote island community.
We have 13 offices around the country and we’re part of the global KPMG network of firms, operating in 146 countries and territories.
Why choose us?
Working out where to take your career is hard and daunting but you can fast track things here.
The work we do is diverse (and so are the people you’ll work with), so you’ll collect lots of experience quickly to help you find the path that’s right for you.
Sure, most professional services firms offer ‘great experience’ but this is how we’re different:
- Our leaders and your colleagues are truly committed to graduate development: you’ll be doing the real work to build your career intentionally.
- We see you: It took commitment to get your qualification. You want to use it! With us you’ll apply your new knowledge to real-world challenges. Every team is committed to helping our clients navigate through their challenges, so your work will be meaningful, not just a transaction.
- Our graduate support and social events are brilliant: you’ll build a network who will support you now and into the future, wherever you go – from your fellow graduates to your business mentors and experts.
- A huge menu of perks. Here’s a taste:
- employee discounts (JB HiFi, The Iconic, Virgin and 100s more partners)
- volunteer leave - the whole firm volunteers together on Act for SDGs day!
- Clubs for whatever interest you have – running, books, yoga, German language… take your pick and join a community
- Brilliant social clubs in each city (think comedy nights and an annual ball… covid restrictions permitting!)
- well-supported inclusion networks such as our Belong cultural network, [email protected] and the KPMG Indigenous Network
It’s a truly inclusive culture and by that we mean that everyone who wants to help our clients, communities and their colleagues grow sustainably and do meaningful work is welcome. Our clients tell us the way we go about our work is what sets us apart – we think deeply and differently to solve complex problems. Diversity of thought is what makes that happen.
We’re proud of creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. For us, our difference comes down to people and culture:
- Our people are smart, innovative, curious and respectful.
- Our culture is open, inclusive and collaborative.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, start your application now.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Banking and Finance, Business...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Canberra, Regional ACT,...
- Closing Date:28th Jan 2022, 12:55 pm