Maitland City Council’s newly developed Pathways program is a fantastic way to kick-start your career and gain professional experience in local government!
Commencing in January 2022, for a period of two years, we have a variety of Graduate opportunities available within our organisation:
- Graduate Accountants x 3
- Graduate Planner Community & Recreation
- Graduate Communication & Engagement Officer
- Graduate Service Designer
- Graduate Civil Engineer
- Graduate Project Officer
All these positions are great opportunities to help you develop your career in local government. You will have a training plan developed specifically for you, giving you the opportunity to obtain practical experience post study. Do any of these role’s sound of interest to help you progress your career?
These Graduate positions are temporary full time (two-year contracts) with a salary range of $68,469 up to $83,259 per year including 10% p.a. superannuation. Council will also give graduates access to staff benefits such as flexible working arrangements & fitness passport.
More information about these graduate opportunities can be viewed via:
- Graduate Accountants: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/work-vacancies/graduate-accountant
- Graduate Planner Community & Recreation: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/work-vacancies/graduate-planner-community-recreation
- Graduate Communication & Engagement Officer: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/work-vacancies/graduate-communication-engagement-officer
- Graduate Service Designer: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/work-vacancies/graduate-service-designer
- Graduate Civil Engineer: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/work-vacancies/graduate-civil-engineer-1
- Graduate Project Officer: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/work-vacancies/graduate-project-officer
If after reading the role charter you have any questions, please contact Tiarne Cecil, Learning & Development Advisor, on 02 4934 9878. More information regarding Council’s Pathways Program can be viewed via: https://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/pathways-program
To apply for this opportunity, please visit the relevant job advertisement on the Maitland City Council Website. Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your resume, cover letter and qualifications. In the application process for this role, you will be required to address three targeted questions, with each response limited to 400 words, in place of addressing the entire essential criteria.
Applications close: Wednesday 15 September 2021
Should your application progress to the next stage you will be contacted and be required to attend a group assessment centre interview on Thursday 30 September 2021. NB if the current COVID-19 restrictions are still in place at this time, the assessment centre will be held online.
What happens next?
Once applications close, we will review all candidates’ details against the targeted questions and will be back in touch with you to advise the status of your application.
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which may include reference checks, employment history checks (past 5 years), psychometric testing or a criminal history check. For more information about the recruitment process, visit our website and search ‘work with us’.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- 285-287 High Street Maitland NSW 2320Locations:
New South Wales
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2021, 12:59 pm