Love to have a positive impact by righting wrongs? Got an eye for spotting anomalies in patterns? Want to become an investigative expert who protects others from threats?
As an anti-financial crime analyst at mthree, you’ll have the chance to advance your skills and carve your best path through the world of work. mthree Alumni helps smart, engaged graduates and big organisations to grow. We bring the two together and plug the gaps with training and support. That makes us a career partner or a strategic talent partner, depending on your viewpoint!
In your role, you will have plenty of room to make an impact. mthree graduate anti financial crime analysts use their wits and attention to detail to help their organisation stay one step ahead of criminals (and catch those that slip through the net). It’s an increasingly important position in the world of financial services. You’ll be investigating potential illegal activities: for example, stopping the funding of terrorist groups, global drug cartels, trafficking and black markets. There are a few key specialisms within this area. Know Your Customer (KYC) makes sure customers are who they say they are, when first onboarded and on an ongoing basis too. Anti Money Laundering (AML) seeks to stop criminals from profiting from their illegal gains by trying to “clean” their money through the organisation. And Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC) does what it says on the tin.
You’ll work closely with your line manager, who will help you settle in and know where to focus. You’ll also work with teams across the organisation to explore how the landscape all comes together, so you can uncover the details you need. Working within Banking Services will offer fulfilment, increased opportunities for progression and the chance to work with new technologies and multiple business lines.
At mthree, we can provide you with the professional training to embark on your career within banking and open doors to world leading financial institutions.
This pathway is perfect for you if…
- You have a degree or are graduating shortly
- You have a genuine interest in Banking and Financial Markets.
- Degree topics we have seen succeed but not limited to include - Law, Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Economics.
- You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- You’re hungry to learn and upskill.
- It’s a bonus if you already have experience working in teams in a collaborative environment.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
How it works….
- Apply via the mthree website. You must have an interest and knowledge in Banking and/or regulation.
- Complete the assessments. You will receive a link to an online assessment, followed by telephone and video interviews.
- Get trained remotely. You’ll learn everything you need to start your career in banking services. Learning from experts from mthree who have decades of experience, you'll be taught the technical and soft skills that organisations really need.
- Training is completely free and there are no hidden costs or catches.
- Start your career with mthree onsite with some of the worlds most renowned banks.
What you’ll learn at mthree Academy:
- Knowledge of financial markets, trading and financial regulations.
- The inner workings of investment banks, from sales to back office processes.
- The full trade lifecycle; risk; regulation and compliance.
- Business analysis, data analytics and project skills.
- How to recognise and combat the exploitation of financial services companies as a vehicle for specific types of financial crime.
- Excel, VBA, SQL (Visual Basic for Applications), proprietary data processing, reporting tools and applications.
What you’ll get:
- In-depth interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- A generous graduate salary with pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
- Ongoing training, support and social events throughout your placement.
- An opportunity to kickstart your career and gain valuable experience in an attractive and exciting industry.
Important information on Diversity
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of every person who contributes to making mthree the company it is today, and will be in the future. We are proud to provide an environment where our colleagues can flourish. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for mthree.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Economics, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:17th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm