No two days are the same at MDQ. You're able to structure your day with a mix of centre-based appointments and visits to client's homes and community facilities, as well as quiet space for reporting writing. Our service is focused on the South East Corner and can involve some outreach travel if that interests you.
You will be working within an allied health team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, allied health assistants, and social workers and alongside support coordinators and plan management staff. Our experienced neuromuscular physiotherapists will support you as you commence your career and our admin team provide the support you need to stay engaged in your work with clients.
Muscular Dystrophy Queensland values all our staff who contribute to our friendly and supportive workplace. We would feel privileged if you chose our organisation as your first professional employer and we're interested in supporting you to progress your skills as an allied health professional. We offer an individualised mentoring program from our experienced physiotherapists and other colleagues, skills building workshops and other professional development opportunities.
- Excellent remuneration package that recognises your experience.
- Leverage the benefits of non-profit sector salary packaging to receive tax free earnings of $15,899 towards your general expenses + $2,650 towards meals/entertainment.
- Flexible working conditions. We make an effort to provide genuine work/life balance and flex to your needs.
- Mentoring program provided by our highly skilled and experienced physiotherapists
- Professional development opportunities, and generous study leave provisions.
- Employee Assistance program (EAP) that provides access to free, private counselling sessions to support your life inside and outside work.
- Giving back to the community through pro-bono time with clients in need and the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities.
- 12 month contract with possibility of extension
If you want to make a positive difference when you come to work each day, this might be the perfect role for you!
- You hold a recognised degree in Physiotherapy.
- You're currently registered with AHPRA
- You're interested in building long-term relationships and celebrating milestones with your clients.
- You are a recent graduate. We're committed to supporting you to practise a broad range of services.
We ask all applicants to provide with their application:
- A cover letter
- Responses to key selection criteria which can be downloaded from our website careers page.
If you believe you are a good fit for this role, we invite you to download an application kit from our website careers page listed here (Or you may go directly to our site, www.mdqld.org.au > About MDQ > Careers at MDQ).
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible, as interviews will be scheduled when there are sufficient suitable applicants.
You're welcome to call 07 3243 9700 or email CEO, Helene Frayne with any questions you may have. All enquiries will be treated confidentially.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Physio and Occupational Therapy
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- 1149 Sandgate Road, Nundah Qld 4012Locations:
- Closing Date:28th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm