Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. Start your career with an organisation that celebrates and thrives on the differences in our people.
We know you’ve studied hard and might not know exactly what you want to do when you finish your degree. We understand it’s not always easy to find your way. Our Summer Intern Program is designed to back you in this early stage of your career, to help you develop the skills, knowledge and network with which to build an exciting and inspiring career, no matter where it takes you.
How our Summer Intern Program works
This year our program involves virtual Employability and Future Skills development workshops combined with an immersive business placement. You’ll not only gain insights into the banking and finance industry, but you'll also learn more about your own working style with a personal action plan. You’ll be provided career coaching to determine what you want from your career and how to achieve it.
At the end of our program, you’ll have the opportunity to apply and receive an early offer for our Graduate Program the following year.
Summer Intern Program dates
You’ll need to be free to commence full time employment for 7 weeks (exclusive of 3 weeks unpaid leave over the festive period).
- 14 Dec 2020 to 16 Dec 2020 – NAB Intern Virtual Induction
- 17 Dec 2020 to 23 Dec 2020 – Business Placement
- 24 Dec 2020 to 8 Jan 2021 – Holiday leave (unpaid)
- 11 Jan 2020 to 12 Feb 2021 – Business Placement
Choose between two business areas:
- Financial Markets – Our Financial Markets team utilise sales, economic and quantitative research to provide local and offshore customers access to both traded and illiquid markets, including fixed income, money markets, credit, derivatives, currencies and commodities. This includes trading between all types of banks, superannuation funds and domestic and multi-national companies. Please note: You will need to be completing a STEM related degree to be considered for this business area – e.g Actuarial Studies, Econometrics, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Technology.
- Corporate Finance & Client Coverage - Our Corporate Finance and Client Coverage teams work together to finance corporate growth, provide specialised financing solutions, create value through working capital and enable global transactions. In these teams you’ll work with industry specialists to provide solutions for our customers in their relevant markets.
The Application Process
To be eligible for our Summer Intern Program you MUST:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application
- Be in your penultimate (second last) year of your undergraduate/postgraduate degree and free to commence full time employment by January 2022
- Commit to and be available for full time employment over the 7-week program (exclusive of unpaid holiday leave from 24 Dec to 8 Jan)
- Complete the online application and if successful you’ll progress to an online test, video interview and assessment centre. Assessment centres are held by stream and this year will be 100% virtual, meaning you can participate from any location.
If you are one of more than 4 million people living with disability in Australia and require adjustments throughout our recruitment process to be at your best, please let us know in your online application.
Please visit our website for more information www.nab.com.au/graduates
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:20th Sep 2020, 11:00 pm