At NEPEAN™ we're proud to be Australia's leading privately-owned engineering, mining services and industrial manufacturing organisation. We have unique capabilities to deliver high value, innovative and sustainable solutions for the world's leading mining, construction and transport companies.
We have an opportunity for an experienced bi-lingual Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join the team at our Rutherford Office. This position will be working within our projects space and is responsible for supporting NEPEAN Longwall to achieve delivery of planned time, cost and quality metrics for our projects. Reporting into the Senior Project Manager; duties will include however not limited to:
- Review existing design / build sequence aspects, communicate with engineering & optimise, increase or improve profitability throughout lifetime of the project.
- Compile a detailed Project Execution Plan (PEP) when nominated as leading project facilitator.
- Produce and report all project scheduling & resource requirements ensuring adequate float and contingency for risk.
- Liaise with Supply Chain (local and international teams) to ensure best pricing and lead times out of preferred suppliers and subcontractors and ensure requisitions are undertaken expeditiously.
- Update project schedules as required in line with Contract or customers’ expectations.
- Initiate pre-project risk assessment / review and communicate findings to Key Stakeholders as applicable.
- Be involved in & where practical recommendations during tendering / estimating.
The opportunity available is perfect for a graduate looking to start their career within the projects space.
The Right Person
To be considered you will have:
- Recently completed or in final year of mechanical engineering studies.
- A strong passion for working within the projects space.
- Experienced using MS Office suite.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong communication skills. Fluent in speaking, writing and reading mandarin (chinese) will be advantageous.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage a work load effectively.
- Available to start ASAP
What you'll get
- You will have the opportunity to grow within a strong business unit within the NEPEAN portfolio of companies.
- The chance to make an impact and become a valuable member of the team.
- The opportunity to participate in the NEPEAN Leadership Academy and experience the best of Harvard Business School.
- A true chance to excel in your career
This is a permanent position and applicants must have unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply. If you're ready for your next challenge, please click on "Apply Now" and forward through your confidential application today!
NEPEAN believes in diversity and is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants. We welcome applicants from all walks of life which also includes various socio-economic, cultural, LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
Australian Skilled Migration Visa (485),...
- 23 Graham Hill Road, Narellan NSWLocations:
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:30th Jul 2021, 12:59 pm