- Join Australia’s largest gold miner and gain hands-on experience through our 12-week program.
- Multiple vacancies providing you with a unique opportunity to gain incredible experience working alongside our HR team on a Mine Site.
- Develop a multi-faceted Geology skillset and advance your knowledge and capability.
Our commitment to you
Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. We’re committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive. Keeping our people safe and healthy is core to who we are and our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing has no compromise, supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Supporting you along your Vacation Program, underpinned by a competitive daily rate and relocation offering, will be a community of like-minded leaders who value early career development and provide personal and professional support across your journey. With exposure to leadership teams and HR experts, you will uncover a wealth of knowledge and life skills.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
At Newcrest, it's our vision to be the Miner of Choice.
Our 12-week Australian vacation program offers a diverse and unique learning journey, with the ability to further enhance your passion for Geology across our Australian operations in Cadia (New South Wales) or Telfer (Western Australia). A career in the resources industry offers a commitment to sustainable work practices, and the chance work with diverse group of amazing professionals.
As our Mine Geology Vacation student you could get opportunities across a variety of activities that our Site Geology teams manage, including underground and surface operations.
As a vacation student, you will commence the program in December 2022 until February 2023 and gain experience at one of our Australian operations, with full relocation support to the either of the following sites :
- Cadia Mine (Residential Monday to Friday role) – Temporarily relocate to Orange (or up to an hour drive nearby) with the option to reside with other vacation students. Located three hours’ drive from Sydney, NSW, our Cadia operations are a short 25-minute drive outside of the regional centre of Orange. Offering a unique residential mining lifestyle, Cadia is exposed to first class mining techniques and methods including the development of Australia’s largest block cave and the undercutless mining technique.
- Telfer Mine (Fly in fly out - Shift Work Role) – Located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara Region of WA, Telfer is a short two-hour flight form Perth. Working on a fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) operation, comprising of open pit and underground, you’ll be working an 8 days on, 6 days off lifestyle. Our Telfer site offers a diverse range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and a refurbished communal eatery.
Who we are looking for?
Newcrest vacation students are resourceful, resilient, flexible and share our values and commitment to safety.
We are seeking applications from penultimate students (degree completion in either 2023, 2024 or 2025) with a tertiary qualification that enables them to work as part of our Mine Geology Function.
To learn more, follow #newcrestcareers on our LinkedIn and Twitter, or visit our FAQ information at https://www.newcrest.com/careers/graduate-and-vacation-programs
Stay in touch with us, and Be the first bto hear when our programs are opening for applications in the next round.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Environment, Geology, Mining Oil and Gas,...
- Work rights:Australian Bridging Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Regional New South...
- Closing Date:21st Feb 2023, 12:59 pm