Novita provides early intervention, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive technology and disability services to more than 4,300 people living with disability, as well as support for their families and carers. Our primary purpose is to enable kids, young people and adults living with disability and their families to participate in the community to their full potential. Novita’s approach is motivated by our core values and relates to staff work behaviours demonstrating the “I CARE” model: Integrity, Commitment, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Where to start?
So you’ve done the study and you’re ready to work. Awesome, come and join us in Novita’s new graduate program! If you are looking for a rewarding area of therapy practice in which your work has meaningful impact, and you have a sense of adventure, a determination to succeed and grow, the disability sector is for you!
What you can expect from this exciting opportunity:
A supportive orientation program that includes;
- In your first month, you will enjoy an intensive orientation blending collective learning with all our new graduates and practical time at the site to meet and shadow your peers.
- Weekly clinical supervision with further informal supports
- Regular coaching from your Team Leader to adjust to the challenges of work
- A diverse clientele with a chance to deliver services to both adult and paediatric populations as part of a multi-disciplinary team
From there, you will continue to work with your supervisor on developing a clear professional development plan to ensure you continue to receive the tailored support you need.
We invest in our people!
You will benefit from our internal professional development program that includes quarterly PD days and a tailored 12 month PD program for new graduates. Seen an external learning opportunity? We support this too, as we understand how important it is to feel equipped and confident to deliver a quality service. If this sounds good to you, come join our team of knowledgeable therapists and work for an organisation that is behind you every step of the way!
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Registration (or impending registration) with AHPRA, SPA or relevant professional body
- Demonstrated exemplary customer service skills
- Integrity - honest in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Energetic, resourceful, innovative and flexible in responding to challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, young people, parents, adults and staff
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Team success focussed
Total remuneration package includes base salary, annual leave loading and statutory superannuation contribution. Enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000. Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire, private novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions.
Apply Now and make a difference!
For further information contact Angela Probert, Manager Northern Services, on 8182 1053. Please note: once you have submitted an application you will be able to view the Position Description [link removed] within our Novita Careers Portal (profile setup required).
Novita is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants with a disability and/or who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a criminal history check prior to confirmation of employment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Speech Pathology
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:3rd Oct 2021, 12:59 pm