WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With a focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As our Graduate Quantitative Researcher within the Delta 1 (D1) team, you’ll be constantly applying your top-tier analytical abilities to your day-to-day, creating insights and proposals that drive impactful new trading strategies.
Over the first 8 weeks, you will be immersed in our highly interactive training course, alongside Traders and Software Developers, to learn the ins and outs of quantitative trading. Once you’ve got the basics covered, you’ll join our D1 Research team, where you’ll be able to put your knowledge into practice and be given the autonomy to make decisions that create an immediate impact.
As a D1 Researcher, you’ll collaborate with traders and developers on live trading strategies using cutting-edge statistical and machine learning algorithms. You’ll work on building trading signals from market or fundamental data, combine signals and optimise strategy parameters through our state-of-the-art back testing infrastructure. Whilst the research uses a mix of statistics, computer science and economics, there are no textbook solutions to what you aim to solve. Instead, you’ll move beyond the theory to search for the hidden signals in the noise that’ll help you create profitable strategies. And that’s what makes it deeply rewarding.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re an inquisitive, critical thinker who is creative in innovating new solutions. When you are told that something “just is”, you immediately start to take it apart to understand the “why”. You’re a strong believer in the power of collaborative problem solving. And you're excited to test yourself in one of the most competitive areas of the financial market. In addition, you:
- Are pragmatic and focused on outcomes
- Can communicate technical concepts well
- Enjoy utilising technology, programming or maths in your daily life to solve problems
- Possess programming experience in any language (C, C++, Python, Basic, JAVA, etc.)
WHAT YOU'LL GET
At Optiver, we want to set you up for success from day one. No matter what team you join, your career at Optiver will begin with comprehensive training on the fundamentals of trading: theory, markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology. Then, you’ll put your knowledge into practice and work on real-time projects that deliver tangible impact right from the start. Best part is you will have the unique opportunity to complete your first four weeks of training in Optiver’s Global HQ in Amsterdam!
- Up to AUD $250,000 first year salary package
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
- A final-year/Honours/Masters/PhD student or a recent graduate (up to 4 years)
- Studying a highly quantitative or technically focused degree, such as Maths, Statistics, Physics, Elec / Mechatronic / Software Engineering, Computer Science, Applied/Quantitative Finance or Econometrics.
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to secure full working rights after graduating.
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Architecture, Arts and Humanities, Banking...
- Work rights:
Australian Student Visa, Australian Bridging...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:12th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm