At Optiver, we want to set you up for success from day one. No matter what team you join, your career at Optiver will begin with comprehensive training on the fundamentals of trading: theory, markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology. Then, you’ll put your knowledge into practice and work on real-time projects that deliver tangible impact right from the start. Best part is you will have the unique opportunity to complete your first four weeks of training in Optiver’s Global HQ in Amsterdam!
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With a focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As our Junior Market Risk Analyst, you’ll be part of an experienced team who develops and delivers the risk management activities of the entire firm. You’ll help us maintain and improve our current risk framework, keeping us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems.
Being hands on from day one, you will come to understand traders’ positions and strategies, as well as develop a macro-overview of the risks to the business. You’ll work on the trading floor, providing risk opinions and views to Trading and Management. With the wider market risk team, you will build, maintain and improve market and credit risk management, governance and control frameworks and prepare daily reports for the Local Head of Risk.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a keen interest in financial markets, and have a strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills. Coupled with a natural curiosity, you are proactive by nature.
- Are an adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) would be a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Start your career in our renowned three-month training program
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Ongoing Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
• A final year university student or recent graduate (up to 4 years)
• An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Arts and Humanities, Banking and...
- Work rights:
Australian Student Visa, Australian Bridging...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:12th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm