At Optiver, we use technology to tackle the challenging problems of trading. We build our own sophisticated trading engines, low-latency connectivity software, modern user interfaces and everything in between. Ours is a world where code, creativity and collaboration make the difference between staying ahead of the pack and falling behind. It's fast-paced, constantly changing and very exciting.
Software developers are integral to our success. We are looking for Junior Developers with sharp minds who are seeking out their next challenge. Rapid change is the lifeblood of our industry, so we need engineers who are always looking for a new edge to dig deeply into the trading problem and can craft an outstanding suite of high performing, high-reliability systems and applications.
What you might have:
- 1-4 years experience in a software development role, working in finance or a tech firm would be a plus but not a requirement
- Proven ability to deliver scalable, reliable, high-quality code
- Test-driven and data-driven design and development experience
- Experience executing on projects from end to end
- A passion for modern technology and enthusiasm to learn is highly regarded
- An interest in or any experience with low-latency optimisation, networking or real-time systems will set you apart from other applicants
What we offer:
- Access to work on a world-class trading system that has generated outstanding profits in recent years.
- Rapid deployment and immediate feedback on your work in production, your software can have a major impact on business results
- Autonomy and responsibility when it comes to your workload
- A tailored training programme to your needs with extensive training and education about trading options and futures.
- Work directly with your ‘clients’ Traders who have a deep respect for technology.
- Work with the latest server and networking equipment.
At Optiver, our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Collaboration and feedback are constants. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We trust you to deliver and assist you in the pursuit of outstanding performance.
Our culture is unique and deliberate. We celebrate wins and take feedback seriously. We provide a range of benefits to make life better for our people across a variety of areas. We encourage constant learning, celebrate the diversity of our people, and provide fresh challenges every day.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechatronics,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:19th Dec 2019, 12:59 pm