- Are you interested in bringing your skills to one of Australia’s leading regional and community-based Mental Health Service providers?
- Multiple roles available to suit your lifestyle, based in Townsville and Mount Isa
- Excellent starting salaries ranging from $55,000 to $87,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 5 weeks annual leave and relocation assistance
- All experience levels welcome
Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle
North and West Remote Health (NWRH) is currently seeking adaptable Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health Nurses to join their team as Mental Health Professionals and/or Wellbeing Clinicians.
Your primary responsibility will be to deliver high-quality mental health assessment, treatment and intervention services, as well as education activities within the community.
These roles are offered on a full-time or part-time basis to suit your lifestyle! Candidates interested in a Clinical Placement as well as Provisionally Registered Psychologists are encouraged to apply, as NWRH will provide extensive support as you complete the requirements of full registration as a Psychologist via the 4+2 pathway. Social Work Graduates or those seeking placements are also highly regarded. Other qualifications will also be considered.
A truly generalist role, as a Mental Health Professional/Wellbeing Clinician with NWRH you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset whilst working with a broad range of clients, including children and adults, older persons, people with drug and alcohol issues and those affected by natural disasters.
You will travel to various culturally diverse communities in the Gulf of Carpentaria including the Savannah grasslands and desert country so you must be comfortable with this. The NWRH team often cover a lot of distance and it won’t always be easy, but it will be memorable.
Helping those who may not otherwise receive healthcare and support, you’ll get to see the real difference your work makes in their lives, allowing clients to live and receive treatment locally.
It's challenging, but we make a difference.
NWRH are seeking dedicated individuals who are culturally sensitive and adaptable, with the ability to work both independently and autonomously.
You will have high-level communication and negotiation skills to establish and support respectful and trusting relationships with individuals, teams, NWRH staff and the community at large.
Candidates from all experience levels are encouraged to apply, provided you have current registration or the eligibility to obtain registration with AHPRA, and AASW (if applying as a Social Worker). Suitable professions include:
- A Registered Psychologist
- A Provisional Psychologist
- A Social Work Student/Graduate
- A Credentialed Mental Health Social Worker; or
- A Mental Health Nurse
- Other qualifications will also be considered
Our teams come from across Australia, and include a wide range of ages, skills, and specialisations, so you’ll be working with the best! This variety enables us to collaborate in our engagement with clients and learn from one another’s viewpoints.
While not mandatory, experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds will be highly regarded.
We love our work - so will you!
If you have a solid sense of adventure, are up for a new challenge, and are genuinely interested in making a real difference, this could be the role for you!
You’ll be joining a fantastic support network, from your colleagues in both Mount Isa and Townsville, to the wider NWRH team of allied health professionals.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll receive an excellent starting salary ranging from $55,000 to $87,000, commensurate with your qualifications and experience, PLUS a range of additional benefits, including:
- Up to $15,900 salary sacrificing;
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Relocation Assistance; and
- Accommodation Assistance (if applying for Mount Isa)
For further questions please contact Human Resources on [email protected]
- You will need a current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence;
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Psychology and Counselling
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:23rd May 2021, 12:59 pm