Do you want to be in the driver's seat, selling our global leading brands? Are you intrigued by the idea of building long-term business relationships with our customers? Would you like to develop and negotiate plans which provide mutual benefit for our shoppers, our customers, and our Company? We want people who can bring their best selves to work every single day as a part of our best-in-class sales organization.
In our internship program, you will be externally focused, emphasizing efforts on national key customers and retailers. You'll get an understanding of the customers' and shoppers' needs. Your contributions to negotiations on prices, assortment, merchandising and promotions will be essential to our success. You'll have to collaborate with the whole customer team to prepare business plans and external negotiations.
As a Sales Intern, you'll need to be highly motivated, results-oriented, and comfortable in drawing insights from data. For all the work we put into creating the world's leading consumer products, it means nothing if we can't sell them to our customers. You can help us there!
You will report to a Sales Manager in P&G’s Sydney head office and work on a team with representatives from various other functions that is responsible for a brand or channel. Within these teams, you will find strong collaboration among team members and an environment where everyone's opinions are valued and encouraged to be shared.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Recognized state of the art marketing skills – you get to test your marketing knowledge and management abilities in real-life situations and obtain insights into the world of brand & business management
- Continuous coaching & mentoring – you will work with passionate people and receive formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, likely a Brand Manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
- Paid Learning Experience: We treat you like a real full-time employee, not only in terms of the responsibility you take on but also by providing you with a competitive monthly stipend.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
As a sales intern, you will develop, negotiate and execute sales and marketing strategies based on in-depth analysis of the customer, market and sales processes. You will learn and execute concepts of market development and consumer behaviour in order to apply them to categories (brands), customers and channels (distributors, pharmacies, supermarkets, among others). Both in the internal sales and external sales, the energy and dynamism of day-to-day sales are factors that make this position attractive and interesting.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, including New Zealand citizens
- A University degree or are expected to graduate by 2021.
- Able to work fully as an intern from November 2020 to February 2021.
- Are born leaders and are passionate to make things happen
- Have an external focus and a real passion for Sales
- Like to bring creativity & innovation to their work
- Have strong analytical thinking and skills
- Collaborate well with diverse groups of people
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, colour, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Fast Moving Consumer...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2020, 1:59 pm