This initiative supports students in achieving their academic goals, whilst providing them with mentoring to launch their professional career and set them up for success. By the end of the work experience opportunity, you will have a clear idea of your career path. It may be as a consulting engineer in either Civil or Structural or you may prefer site work. Regardless of your choice, we provide you with every opportunity to prepare you for your graduate employment choices.
Work experience with us, is an opportunity to secure your graduate employment. We are able to get to know students during work experience and make offers of graduate employment where appropriate, sometimes 6 months to 2 years before graduation.
What to Expect
- The successful students will develop and apply technical engineering skills and knowledge acquired throughout their Degree in a professional engineering consultancy environment.
- Be given an understanding of what the role of a civil and structural consulting engineer involves both in the office and on site.
- Learn about the company structure and operation of Pritchard Francis and gain exposure and experience in most facets of the consulting practice, while working alongside engineers, drafters, administration and site personnel.
- Pritchard Francis consistently have many projects at varying stages of completion, both in the office and on site. As part of the placement, the student will be given the opportunity to work in a productive manner on these projects, whilst also gaining practical engineering experience hours that are essential for graduation.
Work Experience Applications
Who should apply?
- Passionate people interested in Civil & Structural Consulting.
- Current drivers license.
- Australian citizenship or permanent resident of Australia or visa holder with working rights.
- Penultimate or final year of study in Bachelor, Masters of PHD of Engineering (Civil Engineering), or similar.
- Course Weighted Average minimum of 65.
What you need to apply
- Cover letter.
- 500 words statement, detailing:
- Your interest and passion for the field of civil and/or structural engineering.
- How the work experience would assist you in pursuing your career.
- Future career goals.
- Detailed CV including any previous vacation work details, Year 12 ATAR results (including subjects and exam marks, or equivalent), extra-curricular interests, achievements, awards, scholarships etc.
- Formal university academic transcript.
- Any references including one academic, one employer (if applicable) and one personal.
The Work Experience placement offer may be withdrawn should the student defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree.
Program Coordinator: Emily Long, (08) 9382 5111, or [email protected]
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural
- Work rights:
- 430 Roberts Road, Subiaco, WA 6008Locations:
- Closing Date:13th Aug 2021, 12:59 pm