- Join an award-winning Internship Program
- Eight-week, paid, full-time role (Dec 2021 - Feb 2022)
- Mile End Head Office location
Who we are:
As one of the state's largest and most iconic organisations, we're proud to make things better for members and better for our community. More than 775,000 members choose us to deliver peace of mind through our trusted range of motor, home and travel products and services. We're also one of the state's largest employers (and growing!), with more than 1000 employees working collectively with the common goal to keep our members moving.
Your new opportunity:
Our Summer Internship Program was recognised as a Top 40 Australian Intern Program in 2021 from the AAGE! The program provides university students with the opportunity to undertake a paid, eight-week internship at RAA over the summer holidays. This program supports budding professionals with valuable industry experience and the opportunity to see our values and culture firsthand.
As the Project Management Summer Intern, you will assist in supporting RAA to make informed decisions for our members by applying PMO governance, processes and techniques. Over the eight-week internship, you will work with the other interns and your team to develop your professional skills, business acumen and gain insight into a rewarding career at RAA. As a top performer, you may even find a potential pathway to employment!
You must be currently in your final year or penultimate year of study with a minimum credit average, have Australian working rights, and be available for the full duration of the internship in Adelaide, 6 December 2021 - 17 December 2021 and 10 January 2022 - 18 February 2022.
- Work with PMO Analyst to prepare for and complete Quality Assessments and Reviews of projects
- Document standard operating procedures and then recommend improvements
- Assist in capturing of data and analysis of Project Portfolio scheduling and resourcing based on the Business Cases
- Complete a group project with the other interns and present this on your final day.
What will set you apart from the rest:
At RAA we hire on cultural fit first and technical fit second! However, to be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Currently studying a University degree with a key focus on IT, Business or similar, due to complete in 2021 or 2022;
- Strong customer service ethos with a high level of emotional intelligence;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Knowledge of best practice project management principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of tools used to support project and/or portfolio management
- High academic achievement (minimum GPA 5.0 or credit average);
- Strong sense of professionalism with the ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others.
What sets us apart from the rest:
- Training and development, including lunch and learn workshops with the other interns
- Mentoring sessions with a senior employee to help you grow in the right direction
- A 'ride along' with an RAA Patrol to see some of what we do in the SA community
- Friendly and inclusive culture, supporting diversity and employee wellbeing
- A competitive salary
- A pathway to potential employment at RAA!
How to apply:
Follow the prompts to send us a CV and a cover letter (addressed to Jessica Meyer, Talent Acquisition Consultant) addressing the following essential criteria:
- Your reason for applying for RAA's Summer Internship Program
- How your values align with RAA's
- Tell us about something that sets you apart from other candidates
- Confirm your availability for the internship: 6 December 2021 - 17 December 2021 and 10 January 2022 - 18 February 2022
You can download this position description, and find out more about the RAA brand and culture here.
We're committed to building a workplace that's diverse and inclusive, where employees are embraced for their unique qualities and valued for their contributions. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace brings out the best in everyone, and helps us to give our members better service.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:14th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm