This internship is available through Readygrad's Profession Internship Program, which includes a fee of $2,995 (incl. GST) payable in 6 equal instalments ($499 each) and includes:
- Career coaching
- Interview & resume preparation
- Internship success toolkit access
- Guaranteed 12-week internship placement
- A dedicated mentor to guide you
- Ongoing support
The intern will learn real-world engineering practices coding in Angular and Postgres, continuous delivery processes, and the entire product development lifecycle (including release management and close engagement with the Product Owner). Delivery will utilise an agile approach (Jira, Confluence, Standups, Sprint Planning/Retrospectives, Release Planning, close collaboration). In addition, the intern will be exposed to support activities, QA (test) activities and tools (Postman), as well as coding (including bug fixes, feature requests, and performance improvements).
Key responsibilities & duties
- Code feature requests and fix bug requests, improve the styling of the application
- Assist with updating automated tests and increasing test coverage
- Assist with support functions (e.g. moving manual deployment process to an automated deployment process for environment provisioning) - this is not a mandatory skill to have, so other options can be found for this activity
- Be involved in regular team ceremonies, e.g. standups, release planning, retrospectives
- Code feature requests, bug fixes and performance improvements
- Provide support functions if required (AWS hosting platform), like automating the provisioning of a trial environment
- Contribute to improvements in collaboration and successful delivery of the team
- Work in an agile way and be open and honest (it's OK to say I don't know how to do that)
- The intern should be well-versed in coding in Angular and Postgres
- It would be desirable if the student was good at styling improvements to the application
- There are existing patterns to follow in the code. Experience with Postman tests is not required but would be beneficial
- Good problem-solving capability and a willingness to learn and roll the sleeves up.
This internship is a fantastic opportunity for talented Software Engineers to dive deep into a role that will see them build many different skills. The intern will be mentored by experienced software engineers, who will guide and help at every step of the way during the internship.
The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated Mentor and Placement Consultant to guide, coach and offer career advice throughout the internship placement.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Software,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Locations:Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide,...
- accepts international
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2023, 12:59 pm