Sedgman's Undergraduate Vacation Program has been structured to provide undergraduates with real, on-the-job experience within a supported environment.
Sedgman is currently accepting applications for an Undergraduate Mechanical Engineer for a 12 week casual position to commence in November through to February 2022.
About the Role
As an undergraduate with Sedgman, you will be exposed to and actively participate in aspects of the following:
- Using established procedures, gathering and correlating basic data and perform detailed or routine engineering duties and relatively simple tests.
- Work on less complicated aspects of design and the simpler phases of minor projects where seasoned professional evaluation and ingenuity are not normally required.
- Measure costs, efficiencies, yields and quality of output as directed.
- Work with other engineers, supervisors and foremen to improved maintenance procedures and plant equipment.
- Assist in planning and implementing safety, loss control and environmental programs.
- Contribute positively to ensuring project time and cost KPI’s are met - monitor effectiveness of designs, scheduling of work, resource requirements and review compliance with project execution plan (schedule) and client expectations.
- Contribute to periodic reporting including: Project progress; resource requirements, Project budget versus cost, priorities, allocation of work, team needs.
- Ensure checking and review processes are completed.
- Comply with the Change Management process for engineering design.
- Estimating, budgeting, final design take-offs (FDT’s) and basic document control.
To be considered you will:
- Be in your final year of a Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Have had exposure and / or experience in the resources Industry with a passion to pursue a career in the Mineral Processing industry
- Be available from November 2021 to February 2022 with a 3 week break over Christmas / New Year.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident (including New Zealand Citizens)
Who is Sedgman?
Sedgman Pty Limited is a market leader in the design, construction and operation of mineral processing plants for the global resources sector. Our specialised technical expertise, proven track record in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) delivery and our advanced commercial capabilities enable us to provide complete solutions which are valued by our clients. Sedgman Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of CIMIC Group Limited (ASX:CIM) – one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
Setting the standard in terms of safety, innovation, technical capability and project delivery we are able to offer outstanding career opportunities with offices throughout Australia and internationally in Canada. The expertise and enthusiasm of our people and professional, friendly atmosphere is paramount to our continued success.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click “apply” with a cover letter and current CV.
Sedgman is an equal opportunity employer - We support diversity in the workplace and a culture where employees can reach their full potential by feeling respected, included and heard.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm