Volunteering for Learning for Employment's AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme involves meeting newly arrived migrants and refugees to help them learn English.
You can meet at students’ homes or other public settings e.g. a local library, a community centre etc. During COVID restrictions this can be done online or by phone.
Objective: To support adult migrants and refugees to acquire English language skills, find links to the community and understand Australian values and culture.
- Meet with the student and provide English language support, community information and a general understanding of Australian culture
- Prepare session materials which meet the student's needs
- Maintain regular contact with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Report on session deliveries using the appropriate reporting template Support
- A comprehensive initial training course is provided free of cost
- Access to learning resources and follow up workshops
- Ongoing support from the Volunteer Tutor Program Coordinator
For more information please email [email protected]
- Job type:Volunteer
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm