The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Multicultural Association of Russian-speaking Women 'Ogonyok'.
We are looking for an Information Technology (IT) Mentor to provide guidance, advice feedback and support to their mentee.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establishes with the mentee, the mentee's explicit goals and objectives
- Takes the initiative in the relationship but allows the mentee to take responsibility for their growth, development, and career planning
- Commits to fostering the relationship for the specified period
- Commits to meeting with the mentee on a regular basis, when required by the student and depending on the student’s needs
- Actively listens to mentee
- Provides frank, honest, and constructive feedback
- Encourages and assists the mentee in identifying professional development activities
- Maintains confidentiality
- Reviews goals and objectives of the relationship with the mentee midway and at the end of a formal, long-term relationship (at least 6-months or based on students' needs preferable longer)
- Follows through on commitments made to mentee
- Respects mentee's limits
- Explicitly states own limits
- Recognizes and works to resolve any conflicts which may arise
- Maintains a professional relationship
- Meets set targets in agreed time frame
- Informs supervisor of mentoring activities
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in web development, hardware maintenance, and systems administration are desirable, to all of them or some.
- Troubleshooting ability and techniques desirable
- Customer service
- Knowledge relating to student’s study
- Community participation and operate in a team environment
- Possibility in enhancing your current skills or learning new skills
- Increase your network by meeting new people
- Get satisfaction by helping others with new skills as well
- Job type:Volunteer
Computer Science, Education, Engineering Software, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm