- Innovative, collaborative and positive team-orientated environment
- Modern facilities located on campus at UNSW
- Convenient Randwick location, close to transport
- Flexible work arrangements
- Internship to commence mid-July
Children's Cancer Institute is wholly dedicated to putting an end to childhood cancer and is the only medical research institute in Australia solely dedicated to this cause. We don't just hope to do it – we will do it, and we're looking for the brightest minds to help us get there. Children's Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for our staff to thrive in, with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia – one of the leading cancer research centres in the world. There are multiple 3-month volunteer intern opportunities for a fresh graduate or entry level junior HR eager to contribute to our People and Culture Projects at the Children’s Cancer Institute that include:
- Conducting a research project on the impact of flexible working on productivity & connectivity
- Assist with policy writing and behavioural assessing
- Assisting in the implementation of a new recruitment system
- Plan a student recruitment event
- Assist with the recruitment and engagement of volunteers
- Respect, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion project to identify triggers, barriers and opportunities for career advancement for women in science
Flexible working is supported within a cohesive team of 10. This Internship will provide you the opportunity to learn about People & Culture, Systems, the Medical Research Industry and access to a wide network of People & Culture professionals, all working with purpose in a busy fast paced and high growth environment. As a self-motivated, creative, and analytical individual, your curiosity and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team is key. Within this internship there is a mixture of duties, that will include some detailed thinking, research and writing as well as completing administration tasks. We would require 2 days commitment a week.
What you bring:
- Tafe/bachelor’s degree (we’re open), studying towards a HR qualification highly regarded.
- Tech Savvy with strong PC/IT skills
- Curiosity and imagination
What’s in it for you?
- The ability to learn from seasoned HR/Recruitment professionals who will provide you with training and development in this area of expertise.
- The ability to take ownership over your own projects
- A fun, hard-working, supportive team to interact with
- The ability to make a difference by contributing to an amazing cause and helping us achieve our mission of curing children’s cancer.
We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
To apply, please click the 'APPLY' link and forward both your resume AND cover letter (mandatory) clearly addressing the qualifications, experience and skills required to [email protected]
Note: Applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date; which is dependent on the status of the recruitment process. Only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
- Job type:Volunteer
Administration, Communications, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:27th Jun 2022, 1:59 pm