Welcome to Shopfront
We're looking for a junior-mid integration developer to join our growing team and work directly with external companies to connect their applications into ours.
We develop a point of sale system ready to take on the world. We’re a small, fast moving, agile team, passionate about developing the best products for our customers.
Shopfront is designed to make running businesses of all sizes easier. We want someone to grow with the company in this full time position.
Hybrid in-office and working from home is available for this position.
Predominantly based in the liquor industry, our customers include both independent operators and enterprises from companies such as Cellarbrations, The Bottle-O, Bottlemart, Porters, Sessions, Thirsty Camel and many more.
This role is suitable for applicants from recently graduated to experienced mid-level developers and remuneration will be scaled accordingly.
- Developing full-stack middleware to sit between Shopfront's applications and external APIs,
- Collaborating with external companies to develop and implement specifications,
- Create and maintain both technical and non-technical documentation,
- Improving the developer experience through the creation of developer tools, developer documentation and great communication
- Infrastructure is predominantly managed through AWS, using services such as EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, ECS, DynamoDB and more,
- Languages used include PHP (for our POS backend), TypeScript (for our frontend and a large amount of our existing full-stack middleware) and a minor amount of C#,
- Continuous integration all occurs through CircleCI
- Strong development experience in any language (bonus points for languages we use),
- Excellent written and oral communication,
- Knowledge of all aspects of the development lifecycle,
The following is also desirable, but not required:
- Experience using a PaaS (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) (bonus points for strong experience using AWS),
- Experience in DevOps environments,
- Knowledge of cloud-based architecture,
- Previous API integration experience
Why Work For Us?
- Great team environment,
- Free Food Friday,
- Friday afternoon drinks & ping-pong / video games,
- Use of the latest tools, hardware and applications,
- Large amount of growth potential and yearly competitive raises,
- Personal learning and development opportunities available to keep improving your skills,
- Hybrid working from home / working from the office available
Shopfront welcomes applications from all irrespective of their gender, identity, ethnicity, religion, physical ability or age.
Wow that's a lot of dot points! To apply, send us through your CV and a cover letter with why you're interested in the job.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Software,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm