Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific markets.
We are a key part of the family owned J.R. Simplot Company that employs over 11,000 people across the world.
Our founder, Jack Simplot was an innovator from the start. He created the first frozen french fries that were commercially-viable whilst building a foundation that respected our environment. Our business today creates many favourite household products such as Leggos, John West & Birds-Eye.
Jack Simplot's traditions continue to guide us today. We are passionate about our purpose - to contribute to feeding our world, whilst being the finest stewards possible of our natural resources.
Our Graduate Program
We aim to develop our leaders of the future through our 2 year graduate program. You will be employed on a full time basis and complete a number of rotations throughout our business.
We are looking for graduates who:
- Are innovative thinkers
- Have strong analytical skills
- Possess a growth mindset
- Like to be challenged
- Are resilient & resourceful
- Have highly developed communication skills
Our graduate program has been designed with the objective of giving you broad exposure to our business. You will therefore work with a diverse pool of talented and experienced people as well as gain exposure to our valued customers. You will be supported & developed by a manager, a mentor and a buddy. The training you receive will combine both group & self-paced development.
Our Marketing, Sales and Commercial Planning teams delight in creating and driving the vision and strategy behind each of our brands.
There are 2 graduate opportunities in our division and these roles are based at our headquarters in Mentone, Melbourne. You will complete four rotations with exposure to several areas in our Commercial Division
including Retail Sales, Foodservice Sales & Activation, Brand Marketing and Insights.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your experience & business acumen through exposure to our manufacturing sites. We support all of our graduates to grow through opportunities to contribute to cross-divisional projects and attend training programs.
To be eligible for our Commercial graduate role you will have:
- Completed your undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last 2 years of the program start date (e.g. in either 2021, 2022 or January 2023)
- Achieved a credit average (65% or higher)
- Have completed a degree in Marketing, Business or Communication
- Be available to commence in late January 2023
- Are an Australian or NZ citizen, hold Australian Permanent Residency, or have full working rights for full-time employment in Australia
Culture and Benefits
At Simplot, we are fueled by our purpose: We Contribute to Feeding Our World. We imagine a better future and set goals to reach it. We are committed to working as one Simplot and are guided by our shared values:
- Respect for Resources
- Spirit of Innovation
- Passion for People
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We care about creating an environment that promotes safety and wellbeing and where our people feel supported, respected and empowered. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and are committed to providing equal opportunities for all our team members.
Simplot is passionate about cultivating a future where good ideas and inspiring possibilities have the chance to grow. We want our team members to build exciting and fulfilling careers with us and offer professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements and a variety of engaging Health and Wellbeing programs
- Diverse Leadership Development Programs and Professional Development Support
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Bonus incentives
- Discounted Health Insurance and Gym Memberships
- Sensory Club Program - Enjoy and taste our new product launches and access to our Culinary cooking sessions
- Novated Car Leasing Agreements
- Income Protection Insurance
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
Our food is for everyone and so is our workplace. We strongly believe that diverse teams make stronger teams.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by the 7th of August. For your application to be considered you must attach your academic transcript and Australian working rights.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Business and Commerce, Consulting, Fast...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:00 pm