- 6 month opportunity commencing 16 August 2021
- Permanent employment opportunities with a view to undertake Postgraduate study in 2022
- Fitzroy location
About the Company
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent's Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
The fourth floor has two wards, 4 East a 20 bed cardiothoracic unit and 4 West a 6 bed coronary care unit and further 12 cardiology beds. Across the floor there is a potential for 4 respiratory patients. Both 4 West and 4 East work closely with the Cardiac Investigation Unit, Department of Critical Care Medicine - Intensive Care Unit, operating suite and heart failure nurse consultants to optimise care for patients throughout their health care journey at St Vincent's. Planning is underway for a new respiratory high dependency unit, expected to open in 2022, as well as the introduction of cardiothoracic advanced life support. The fourth floor is a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where you will be well supported by experienced staff and practice development nurses to achieve your professional development goals.
About the Role
Are you looking to further your career in Cardiac Nursing? Are you keen to continue developing your assessment & clinical skills? St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne Coronary Care / Cardiology Unit and Cardiothoracic Unit are seeking enthusiastic, passionate & dedicated Registered Nurses wishing to join our teams. Opportunities exist for commencement in a six month Cardiac Care Discovery Program (CCDP), with potential for enrolment into the Graduate Certificate Cardiac Care (Deakin) 2022. You will be supported to learn in a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment, where you will receive diverse exposure to a range of complex patient presentations & clinical conditions.
Classifications for this position will range from YP3 - YP11 ($67,236.00 - $89,902.80 base salary per annum; pro rata for part timers).
About the Cardiac Care Discovery Program
- Commencement date: August 16th 2021, six month program ending February 6th 2022.
- To participate in this program, applicants must be successful in gaining employment with SVHM (4West or 4East) to complete the requirements of the program.
- Permanent employment - those who have achieved successful completion of the Cardiac Care Discovery Program and progress to Postgraduate study in 2022 will continue employment on 4th floor St. Vincent's. For those not continuing with
- Postgraduate study in 2022 permanent ongoing employment opportunities will be negotiated with you.
- Cardiac themed study days over the six months, orientation and supernumerary days on commencement of employment.
- Clinical exposure to both 4 West and 4 East during the program.
- Support from NUM's, 4th floor nursing teams, preceptor, Practice Development Nurses and Education and Learning team.
- Clinical exposure days in Cardiac Investigation Unit and with the heart failure nurse consultant.
For information about the academic requirements of the Graduate Certificate Cardiac Care Deakin please visit:
For further information about Nursing at SVHM, the Cardiac Care Discovery Program and /or Postgraduate study, please contact the Postgraduate Coordinator via email at [email protected]
- Applicants must hold current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse without conditions.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 2 years nursing practice in an acute care setting (inclusive of graduate nurse year).
- Applicants must meet the AHPRA standard on English language skills and have basic computer skills.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Record Check prior to commencement of the program.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency.
- Applicants must have professional indemnity insurance.
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Health Centre
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm