- Work for one of Australia's leading hospital groups
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Full time fixed term from 5th January to 23rd December 2022
About the Role
Commencing in January 2022, we are looking for a new graduate Grade 1 Social Worker to join our Team. This position is based at St Vincent's Hospital, Fitzroy. It is only open to social workers who have graduated in the last 12 months and have not worked elsewhere as a qualified social worker.
- Use your skills to undertake multi-dimensional, comprehensive psychosocial assessments, apply clinical reasoning, and formulate appropriate complex intervention and discharge plans
- Liaise with patients, their families and/or carers to co-ordinate, facilitate and communicate patient treatment and outcomes
- Actively participate in quality improvement and research activities
- Be supported in your first year of professional practice via our new graduate transition framework
The classification for this position is Social Worker, Grade 1 Year 2 SC12 ($65, 213 per annum)
- Bachelor Degree or Qualifying Masters in Social Work
- Completion of an inpatient hospital placement is essential
- Only available to social workers who have graduated in the last 12 months and who have not worked elsewhere as a qualified social worker
- Current National criminal history check, or willing to obtain
What we offer
- Salary Packaging - Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- CBD Location, close to Public Transport and close to lots of car parks
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
About the Social Work Department
The Social Work Department at SVHM is recognised as a leader in developing and delivering best clinical practice to highly vulnerable groups such as people experiencing homelessness, family violence and addiction. In addition to this, SVHM has a widely respected Aboriginal Health Unit and over 10 years of experience in designing a comprehensive clinical model of responding to Elder Abuse. As a social worker at SVHM, your social work values will fit well within an organisation whose mission and strategy clearly sets out its commitment to advocating for vulnerable groups and providing excellent and compassionate health care.
The Social Work Department is comprised of 3 teams and currently covers patients at St Vincent's Hospital in Fitzroy, St Vincent's Hospital on the Park in East Melbourne, Caritas Christi Hospice and St George's Hospital in Kew. We provide a comprehensive and flexible professional development program, as well as a structured new graduate skill development and supervision program. The Departmental escalation process is designed to ensure support for clinical decision making and encouragement for new graduates to develop their skills in this area. In addition to this, we are able to assist you to develop clinical skills and plan your career progression. This may include the opportunity to experience work at different sites within SVHM.
With a strong focus on innovative service delivery and continuous practice improvement, you will also benefit from the knowledge and support of a Grade 4 social worker who is dedicated to research and quality improvement.
Working at St Vincent's
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Psychology and Counselling
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm