St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne Postgraduate Emergency Nursing 2022
Opportunities available to commence employment now or in early 2022
- Fitzroy location
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Permanent positions, you need to commit to a minimum of 0.6 FTE as University requirement
Are you looking to further your career in Emergency Nursing? Are you keen to continue developing your assessment & communication skills? St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne Emergency Department are seeking enthusiastic, passionate & dedicated Registered Nurses wishing to join our team. Opportunities exist for the 2022 intake of the Postgraduate Emergency Nursing stream. You will be supported to learn in a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment, where you will receive diverse exposure to a range of complex patient presentations & clinical conditions.
Opportunities are available to commence employment in Emergency over the coming months with a view to commence Postgraduate study in 2022. Alternatively commence your employment with St. Vincent's in early 2022.
Advertised and application to be completed on Workday - applications will close Tuesday 31st August 2021.
Venue - Emergency Department, Building A, Ground floor IPS building, St. Vincent's Hospital Melbourne.
- Applicants must hold current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse without conditions.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 2 years nursing practice in an acute care setting (inclusive of graduate nurse year).
- Preferred that candidates have a minimum of six months Emergency Nursing experience - discuss this with us.
- Applicants must meet the AHPRA standard on English language skills and have basic computer skills.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Record Check prior to commencement of the program.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency.
- Applicants must have professional indemnity insurance.
Classifications for this role will range from YP3 - YP11 ($67,236 - $89,902 per annum ) pro rata.
About the Emergency Department
The St Vincent's Emergency Department is located in the inner city, servicing some of Victoria's most complex & vulnerable patient populations. The Department consists of 38 treatment spaces including Resuscitation, Acute Cubicles, Fast Track & Short Stay areas with a new Crisis Resource Hub focusing on mental health & drug and alcohol to be opened towards the end of 2021. The Emergency Department is a tertiary referral centre for Neurosurgery, Stroke, Cardiothoracics, Plastics & lower limb injuries. St Vincent's Emergency Department is the primary receiving health service for Correctional Services Victoria and has a close working relationship with the Royal Children's Hospital Emergency Department. The Department has a Multi Disciplinary Team approach to providing prompt, high quality, patient centred care.
About the Course
- 2022 Postgraduate Emergency students will undertake either the Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing (Emergency) with University of Melbourne (UoM) commencing January 2022, or Master of Nursing Practice - Emergency with Deakin commencing February 2022.
- To participate in this program, applicants must be successful in gaining employment with SVHM Emergency Department to complete the clinical requirements.
- There are fixed term & ongoing SVHM contract opportunities
- Successful candidates will be required to enrol into either the Graduate Certificate Critical Care Nursing (Emergency) UoM to complete the academic requirements, or Master of Nursing Practice - Emergency - Deakin to complete the academic requirements
- To fulfil the employment contract with SVHM students must be enrolled in the Graduate Certificate Critical Care Nursing (Emergency) /Master of Nursing Practice - Emergency for the entire 1 year period.
For information about the academic requirements of either course see below links:
What we Offer
- Salary Packaging - Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- CBD Location, close to Public Transport and close to lots of car parks
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
For further information about Nursing at SVHM and the Postgraduate year, please contact the Postgraduate Coordinator via email at [email protected]
Attention: Allison Mawson
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm