The host company is looking for traffic engineers for the paid internship program.
- Current enrollment in a civil engineering program or closely related field
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Students with 1-3 semesters remaining to complete their engineering degree are desired/preferred
- Assist in data collection and surveying
- Assist with parking studies and policies
- Assessment of Development Applications
- Investigate and implement parking initiatives
- Assessment of parking or traffic matters
- Undertake intersection assessment using SIDRA
- Intersections include traffic signals, roundabouts, and stop control the intersection
- Signal phasing will be assessed
- Use of aerial photography for the intersection layout and site visits 10. Learn about the practical application of AustRoads and road /intersection design principles
OTHER ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
A. CAD drafting and Design
- Prepare car and truck swept paths of how vehicles navigates across roads and parking areas
- Assess car space dimensions and aisle widths
- Ensure that driveway and ramp design complies with Australian Standards
- Revised building designs to meet Council and Australian Standards
- Annotate drawings for corrections for assessment by architects and engineers
- Training in Autocad will be provided
B. Construction Traffic Management Plans
- Assist in preparing traffic control plans to manage vehicle and pedestrian traffic
- Learn and understand principles of road safety
- Understand vehicle and pedestrian sight distance
- Understand appropriate truck routes
- Assist in preparing traffic and parking impact assessment
- Assist in preparing car park certification
- Assist in preparing reports on intersection and road design
D. Site Visits
- Attend site visits with other staff for surveys including traffic and parking data collations
- Attend post-construction design assessment.
What would be provided:
- Daily $130 allowance would be provided
- Travel allowance provided
- Other Allowance if necessary.
Want to start your career? Why wait? Apply Now!
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume to "[email protected]" or directly apply to this vacancy.
NOTE: A reasonable fee will be charged only once the placement is confirmed
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Regional New South...
- POSITION START DATE
Aug 2022 (approx)
$130 per day
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2022, 8:00 am