About the Suburban Rail Loop Authority
Suburban Rail Loop is a city and state-shaping project that will transform Victoria’s public transport system, connecting Melbourne’s suburbs and creating opportunities in great places. The 90-kilometre Suburban Rail Loop will link every major rail line from the Frankston line to the Werribee line, via the airport, better connecting Victorians to jobs, retail, education, health services and each other. The project will trigger investment and renewal in the neighbourhoods associated with new stations. It will be constructed in stages across several decades, with Stage One (Cheltenham to Box Hill) delivering twin 27 km tunnels, six new underground stations and key amenity enhancements to local precincts.
Suburban Rail Loop Authority is responsible for all aspects of the project including planning and development of the reference design, investment case, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to precinct planning, construction delivery and project commissioning.
This is a unique career opportunity to join a transformational city-shaping infrastructure project in its early stages and to help drive the best connectivity, liveability and productivity outcomes for Melbourne. You will work in a high performing environment alongside skilled and experienced experts who are bringing to life some of the most forward-thinking ideas in the rail infrastructure and precincts space.
As a graduate, you will undertake a variety of technical and professional duties to support the planning and delivering of a city and state-shaping project. The program has been designed to develop and grow our graduates into future leaders of Victoria’s public transport network.
You will learn, develop, and practice core competencies as you rotate through different areas of your allocated division. Providing technical support and coordination, your key focus will be on implementing agile work practices and scaling technical work products according to risk complexity. Working collaboratively, you will be resilient, flexible, and adaptable to project and program demands.
Suburban Rail Loop Authority graduates will gain the opportunity to provide operational support to multiple areas of the organisation including but not limited to;
- Planning and Precincts
- Rail and Infrastructure
- Corporate Services
- Strategic Communications and Engagement
- Commercial and Legal Division
Across project rotations, and with supervision and targeting learning and development, the newly appointed graduates will:
- Be committed to continued professional development demonstrated by attendance and active participation in learning activities
- Build and maintain a strong working knowledge of Suburban Rail Loop Authority including policies, procedures, divisions and vision
- Support the delivery of projects, planning processes and activities through supporting day to day operational activities within various divisions
- Work autonomously and within the team by establishing and maintain productive and collaborative relationships
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, keeping stakeholders informed and provide recommendations on process and operational improvements
- Have a desire to work and develop a career within the Victorian Public Sector
- Commitment to a 24-month graduate program
- Strong sense of self-motivation and enthusiasm with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Well-developed computer skills
Salary and conditions:
When you join the program, you'll be employed full time at a salary of VPS3.
- Online Application
- Online Assessment
- Online Psychometric Assessment
- Live Video Interview
- Reference Checks
SRLA is an inclusive organisation which embraces diversity of thought, culture, life experiences and people to ensure we reflect the communities we serve.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Architecture, Banking and Finance, Business...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:19th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm