An excellent opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and passionate Junior SOC Analyst to join the Information and Cyber Security team. Opportunity available for preferably Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney candidates. The vacancy operates as a 24/7 rotating shift hours role.
As the Junior SOC Analyst you will be responsible for security alert monitoring, triage of security events, analysis of available data and incident response for Australia’s biggest network.
The Junior SOC Analyst will have access to cutting edge security technology that will assist in determining if a security incident has occurred in Telstra’s several or customer’s networks.
All analysts are encouraged to investigate alerts as far as possible (as opposed to working in a tiered SOC model where alerts are handed off to other teams). With great support from team, this provides plenty of room to grow in this exciting role.
Please note all candidates must be Australian Citizens and be willing and eligible to obtain an NV1 AGSVA security clearance.
Your key responsibilities and major tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse security events to help triage and identify security incidents
- Respond to security incidents, within SLA, following the incident response process to resolve information security incidents
- Identify gaps in service areas and contribute to development of recommendations for appropriate security controls\solutions to be implemented to resolve
- Collaborate with various teams across the organisation to facilitate improved security posture
- Follow and contribute to the maintenance of incident response plans and related documentation to ensure consistent application and ongoing relevance of approaches
- Support evidence collection requirements to ensure data gathered and reported is accurate and legally admissible
- Investigate potential security threats and articulate implications on IT systems
- Assist in the development and improvement of documentation that supports the business unit.
- Perform other tasks as directed by management from time to time.
Enough about us, let's talk about you. To hit the ground running we are looking for individuals who can confidently demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of 1-2 years working in a Cyber Security role – highly desirable
- Recent IT, network, or cyber security tertiary education and/or industry qualifications
- Understanding of SIEM technologies
- Experience in Security Incident Management co-ordination and response
- Proven experience as a cyber security analyst
- Experience using a range of cyber security tools and systems
- Industry recognised network or security qualification (CISSP, GSEC, CCNA, or other related certification).
- Programming or coding ability in commonly used languages today
- Be eligible and willing to obtain and NV1 security clearance
Our perks & benefits:
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers.
- Professional development program.
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan.
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years.
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme.
- Discounted Telstra products and services.
- Continuous Service Recognition for those who are coming across from a Federal Government agency to Telstra
To attend a Telstra premises in certain states / territories, employees will be required to be vaccinated against Covid-19. This is ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business and push for diversity of thought in all we do.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Cyber Security, Government, Information...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne
Approx $85,000 including Super + bonus + Shift Allowances
- Closing Date:7th Feb 2023, 10:00 pm