About Your Role
This DevOps Engineer is to designing, engineering, supporting and implementing changes related to Cloud and Data for the AMS (Airspace Mobility Solutions) organisation as well as providing expertise on how to improve our current infrastructure architecture and ways of working around the business.
This is a 12 months fixed term role with strong possibility to go permanent.
- To help drive the digital transformation particularly around Cloud and Data develop an efficient Engineering Tools platform
- To assist with cloud and data activities including but not limited to cloud networking, architecture, design, DevOps, DataOps, data engineering, visualisation and reporting
- To define the overall infrastructure of the Tools used to support the development and the delivery of ATM systems
- To work with IS/IT Enterprise Services (ES), Engineering Capability Support (ECS), Thales Corporate Engineering (TCE), Lean and ATM AMS teams, and any other applicable stakeholders on activities related to my area of expertise
- To address the support requests and enhancement requests, problem reports, and requirements from the ATM AMS business (through JIRA) and to report regularly on status and progress (within and outside of JIRA).
How About You?
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Relevant software engineering experience
- Relevant experience in data methodologies and tools
- Experienced with DevOps methodologies and tools (Git, SCM, CI/CD)
- Knowledge and experience in business transformation using Lean / Agile and best practice
- Experienced with AWS and/or Azure
- Experienced with Linux (RedHat) and Windows systemsWeb Development skills (HTML, CSS, XML, JS, Django)
- Database skills (Oracle SQL and PostgreSQL)
- Scripting and programming languages (Go, Python, JAVA)
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants. As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Position Start Date
- Closing Date:15th May 2021, 7:00 am