TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always. At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve. Join us.
About the Team
Our engineering team is responsible for developing state-of-the-art machine learning models and algorithms to protect our platform and users from the content and behaviors that violate community guidelines and related local regulations. With the continuous efforts from our team, TikTok is able to provide the best user experience and bring joy to everyone in the world.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2024. Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience. Watch your ambitions become reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to a full-time Summer Internship: Starting November/December (minimally 12 weeks).
We will prioritize candidates who can commit to the above-mentioned internship period. Please state your availability clearly in your resume (Start date, End date).
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates' jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - we encourage you to apply early.
1. Build industry-leading content safety systems for TikTok;
2. Develop highly-scalable classifiers, tools, models and algorithms leveraging cutting-edge machine learning, computer vision and data mining technologies;
3. Understand product objectives and improve trust and safety strategy and model's performance;
4. Work with cross-functional teams to protect TikTok globally.
- Undergraduate, or Postgraduate who is currently pursuing a degree/master in computer science or a related technical discipline;
- Solid experience in at least one of the following areas: machine learning, pattern recognition, NLP, data mining, or computer vision; - Experience in recommendation, search, advertising, or other related projects;
- Published papers in the top AI conferences or journals is a plus, including KDD, IJCAI, WWW, WSDM, ICML, NeurIPS, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ACL, etc.;
- Competition experience in machine learning, data mining, CV, NLP, etc.;
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms;
- Passion for techniques and solving challenging problems.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
In the spirit of reconciliation, TikTok acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software, Information...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2023, 3:59 pm