Do you want to know more about equity capital markets (ECM) and investment banking?
- work in Australia’s largest and most active ECM team, learning from the most experienced capital markets and coverage bankers in the country
- assist with the origination and execution of equity raisings, including initial public offerings, entitlement offers, placements and block trade selldowns
- prepare analysis and presentation materials to support client coverage and transaction execution, including acquisitions, growth, funding strategy and other situations
- also have exposure to capital management and structured equity solutions products
- interact closely with our M&A, sector specialist and equity sales colleagues
- receive comprehensive training as part of the Advisory and Capital Markets analyst program
- be based in Melbourne but also work with Sydney based colleagues
You will be a valuable team member in our Investment Bank’s Advisory and Capital Markets business based in Melbourne.
You will be working closely with, and learning from, the sector coverage teams, as well as our product teams, providing coverage, advisory, capital markets and financing solutions for corporate, financial institutions and sponsor clients.
- Good understanding and hands-on exposure to corporate finance, capital markets or M&A advisory
- Ideally you have 1-2 years of work experience (but no more than 2 years) at any of the following:
- Investment banks - Bulge bracket or boutique
- Big four accounting firms - M&A, Transaction
- Services, Valuations
- Top-tier law firms - M&A, capital markets, banking & finance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in commerce (economics / finance / accounting / actuarial), engineering and / or law with a D / HD average grade
- Strong commercial acumen and work ethic, with an interest in building a career in advisory and capital markets
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Solid financial analysis skills, with the ability to produce accurate presentation material quickly
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity as early as you can prior to the closing date Sunday 5th December 2021
We know that development opportunities are important to you and we want to make sure you you'll be successful. That's why our graduate talent program is designed to ensure that you'll have an in-depth introduction to our firm and the business you will be part of. You'll participate in UBS Discovery, a training program that will bring you up to speed on our industry, strategy, capabilities and culture.
In Advisory and Capital Markets, you'll also benefit from a 4-week curriculum of training that will prepare you for your analyst role so that when you hit your desk you'll be up to speed on accounting, valuation and modelling. Once on the job, your training will continue through targeted business-specific as well as professional skills training. You'll also create networks with graduates from across the firm through networking sessions designed to increase your knowledge and expand your contacts.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills – at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people – with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests – who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
You are required to complete your application by the application close date, Midnight, 5 December 2021.
This role is recruiting on a rolling basis so we encourage all candidates to apply as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on this opportunity!
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Consulting, Data...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:5th Dec 2021, 12:59 pm