Changing clothes. Changing conventional wisdom. Change the world.
UNIQLO is the leading brand of the Fast Retailing Group, the third-largest apparel retailer in the world. UNIQLO respects the individuality and lifestyle of all customers and takes pride in creating high quality, long-lasting, innovative clothing at an affordable price since the establishment of the company in 1949 in Yamaguchi, Japan, originally as a textiles manufacturer.
As the Group’s pillar brand, UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a global brand. Today the company has more than 2,400 stores in 25 markets including Japan. Driven by the concept of LifeWear, apparel that comes from the Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity, we offer unique products that become the building blocks of an individual’s lifestyle. We oversee the entire clothes-making process – from procurement of materials, product planning, development, design and manufacture, through distribution, retail and inventory management.
The UMC Graduate Journey
Our UNIQLO Manager Candidate Graduate Program (UMC) will prepare you to take on many roles as an innovator, a talent developer, a problem solver, and above all, a Business Leader. As part of this program, you will join a group of passionate peers and participate in a 6-12 month training program learning the UNIQLO business from the bottom up. Our program will allow you to build the skills and experience necessary to become an effective Store Manager and to one day become a Business Leader.
As a UMC, you will be guided through our innovative learning and development training supporting you in learning the core skills for success in your day to day activities, such as:
- Monitoring and developing work schedules
- Assessing effective visual merchandise layouts and comply with merchandising requirements
- Manage inventory levels and propose solutions that best benefit the company
- Supervise, motivate and develop a team to ensure retention
- Successfully deliver UNIQLO’s fundamental principles of customer service
During your program, you will undertake examinations at certain checkpoints to evaluate your capabilities and knowledge to decide if you need more time to hone your skills or if you are ready to be the next in line to manage your own multi-million revenue making store.. All over the world, many UMC’s have leveraged their extensive experience as managers to take on further leadership opportunities locally or globally within our corporate headquarters or continue their journey in operations!Why join us?
Training & Development
Fast Retailing emphasises the personal growth and self-actualisation of each employee. Guided by two of our fundamental concepts - Global One and ZEN-IN KEIEI - each employee cultivates the mindset of an executive and learns to implement global best practices through their work. We foster a problem-solving workforce that focuses on our customers first. We develop employees that can form and respond to a clear and accurate understanding of the marketplace: conditions, products, preferences.
The Fast Retailing Management and Innovation Centre (FR-MIC) is the group's internal training facility. The centre hosts various programs such as training programs for new employees, store managers and executive management candidates from all over the world.
Diversity & Inclusion
Fast Retailing embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion. We believe these concepts nurture our culture, helping to change our business, the people working within it, and all of society for the better. We respect and appreciate each individual’s points of difference and personality and strive to create a diverse team where every person has equal opportunity to use their greatest abilities to fulfil their potential.
For more than 20 years, UNIQLO has been on a path to sustainability. As a global company creating responsible clothing, we are committed to a healthy planet, society, and people. We strive to change the world for the better via the power of clothing.
Benefits & Well-Being
UNIQLO offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you throughout your journey and to help you make an impact in our society. These include:
- Employee Group Profit Sharing Plan
- Attractive and generous Bonus Structure Plan twice per year
- Employee housing and relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Employee discounts of up to 30%
- A comprehensive Employee Wellbeing Program that includes quarterly wellbeing activities, accessible whistleblowing platform, and free mental health counselling services
We are looking for newly graduates who are ready to change the world and develop their global perspective. We are eager to connect with those who match our company values and who above all, aspire to be true global business leaders. Above all, those who are suitable for UNIQLO - not just for right now, but for the long term.
To be successful, you will strive to or will possess:
- You have a global mindset and can challenge the status quo
- You are driven, highly motivated and able to thrive to achieve your long-term plans and career goals
- You are passionate and have a strong drive to develop your commercial and leadership skills
- You have excellent organisational, time management skills and can prioritise effectively
- You have demonstrated ability to think logically, make decisions and solve problems by being innovative
- You will be in your final year of study or have recently completed a Bachelor's degree(or above) in any discipline (in the last 2 years)
- You will have right to work in Australia without restrictions (Australian Citizen/PR & NZ Citizen)
- You can commence full time from February 2024
- You are flexible to relocate throughout Australia
- You are flexible to work during our store operation hours on a roster basis including some evenings and public holidays
- You possess a strong academic record and a passion for retail.
- You have demonstrated prior leadership and/or retail work experience is desirable
Sounds like an exciting opportunity and ready to change the world?
Apply Now! We’d love to hear from you. Applications for our February 2024 Intake are now open! Please apply by submitting a latest copy of your resume.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Arts and Humanities, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Locations:Australia, Australian Capital...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2023, 12:59 pm