We are currently looking to engage an experienced and self-motivated Regional Environmental Services Manager to oversee the planning and delivery of a broad environmental, and sustainable land management program of works across our sites for Defence in Western Australia. This is a varied role, working at both an operational and strategic level in order to identify, develop and implement programs of work to continually improve and evolve our land management outcomes for Defence.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing land management strategies and action plans that ensure sustainable estate maintenance and risk management for Defence. These will include but are not limited to bushfire mitigation, weed management, overabundant native and feral animal management, flora and fauna studies and ground and surface water monitoring.
- Managing a mix of subcontracted and an in-house workforce delivering sustainable land management across Defences ranges and bases across the state
- Audit, analyse and report environmental and safety performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Liaise with Defence, external stakeholder and statutory authorities on environmental matters where required
- Conduct financial management, assurance and cost control across the Western Australian Environmental Services Business
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels within Services and determine the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice on corporate, ethical and social responsibility
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, You will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental strategies, policies and programmes that promote sustainable long-term use of the Defence Estate. Conducting examinations of activities to establish where improvements can be made and ensure compliance with environmental legislation across services.
- Qualifications and experience in Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Environmental Science or similar discipline
- Experience with GIS and spatial data management systems
- Project Management experience
- Experience with SAP or similar financial accounting systems desirable
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:26th Jan 2022, 5:00 am