Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), is a software development and technology company that provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations worldwide.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time Software Developer to join our R&D centers in Vancouver, Canada or Brisbane, Australia, with a passion for creating compelling user experiences using technologies that include Windows Forms, .NET WPF and modern web development (React, Typescript).
Reporting to the Research & Development Manager, the Software Developer will work as a member of an agile software team. We are looking for someone who can partner with our UX design team and apply their software engineering skills to design and implement innovative experiences for applications that include IoT, asset health, mine operations and autonomous mining fleets.
User Experience Technology at Wenco
Wenco’s product line is primarily focused on serving two categories of user experiences:
1. Devices attached to mobile equipment and mobile devices
This includes industrial touch screens attached to mobile equipment and mobile devices including Android and iOS handsets.
2. Mining Operations Centers
This includes large multi-screen displays that are used to control operations at a mine.
In Wenco’s existing product, a majority of the user interfaces are developed as native Microsoft Window’s applications using WinForms and WPF. Wenco is currently undertaking the re-engineering the user interfaces across its entire product line using a modern web technology (React/TS/HTML5), to provide compelling user experiences that can be operated on any device with a compatible web browser.
Your Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Implement user experiences according to the design specification
- Contribute to the implementation of applications across the across full stack
- Contribute to the investigation and reproduction of customer issues
- Product development support
- Interface with product management/owners and developers to define and improve requirements and automated and manual test cases.
- Work with the Technical Documentation team to create content for instructions and user guides for customers
Your Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
- You will have between 0 and 3 years working as a software engineer
- Demonstrated software engineering problem solving skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with Windows C++, WinForms, .NET, C# or WPF
Why Join Wenco?
- We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast-scaling global company
- We offer an extensive benefits plan
- We invest in continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
- We offer flexible remote work arrangements
- We offer our employees an attractive profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive from $3000 to $5000 (equivalent to Canadian currency) for each successful referral!
- We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
- We pride ourselves on our company culture (over the last 5 years we have scored between 97% and 100% in our employee surveys on Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace
- We have free counselling for you and your family via our EAP helpline
- We offer much more!
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights within the region you are applying.
As our team experiences high volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting work place environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Software,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm