Who should apply:
We are building a team with broad skillsets and game-changing attitudes; so whether your background is in a traditional STEM field or you’ve only just discovered your love for IT, GroupTech could be the home for you! We are looking for people who love Technology and as 10,000-strong team diversity is paramount to our ongoing success.
Where you will work:
Sydney, Perth, Adelaide
- Flexible 12 – 24 month rotations; 6 month rotations.
- You have the flexibility to shape your experience; Grads can choose to move to their next role at any point after the first 12 months.
Technology is disrupting the customer banking experience more rapidly than ever before, which is why we’ve made Digital Transformation a strategic priority for Westpac. At the core of our function, we are responsible for driving the technology capability, growth, stability and security that will allow us to deliver great outcomes and service to our customers.
More than that, we are the foundation for the Group. We develop world-class banking apps and have people working around the clock to manage our customer’s security. We build technology solutions to streamline the way our business operates and work with the industry to deliver new, better ways of banking. We are committed to building the technology that will allow us to optimise how we work with the multiple brands our customers love us for.
In GroupTech, we believe that with the right head-start, our graduates will go on to great careers. That’s why our program is designed around building breadth of experience and diversity of choice. It all starts with you – our emerging talent!
How it works
All Tech Grads have the option to choose their rotations from a carefully curated, extensive list of opportunities that includes roles suited to those with an analytical focus as well as those looking for a technical path.
Our Grads are surrounded by leaders who are invested in their development, a large cohort of peers to share the experience with and opportunities to get involved in community-driven initiatives to develop leadership, networking and presentation skills; it’s half the reason you’ll still find so many ex-Graduates in our teams!
Apply for the GroupTech Graduate Program if you want to…
- Build and design software, applications, platforms and networks
- Learn more about hybrid cloud capability, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity technology stacks and automation.
- Witness your contributions be released in production environments and subsequently used by Westpac Group customers
- Improve your programming language fluency by working directly with experts. Learn more about the most current coding standards within the industry
- Apply processes and methods to analyse and solve business problems
- Plan, convert and deliver technical problems into real-life business solutions through project management
- Learn more about strategic planning, business analysis, solution design, data and analytics, and apply agile methodology to project delivery
- Explain complex ideas to technical colleagues, but also make sure these ideas can be understood by a non-technical audience
- Recommend innovative and technology-driven improvements to Westpac Group’s business processes through leveraging your experience, expertise and learnings.
Future career opportunities
Some examples of the roles our former GroupTech Graduates are holding and that can be experienced through a rotation include:
- Business Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Project Manager
- Data Analyst
- Scrum Master
- Solutions Architect
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
Sydney, Adelaide, Perth
- Closing Date:13th Apr 2020, 1:59 pm