You are our next big idea.
Our business is evolving at incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the first big step on their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees.
Your early career journey at Wood as a graduate will be one of learning, discovery, and development. You will drive your own career, getting involved in the action from the word go, taking on complex challenges, sharing innovative ways of working to enhance the performance of a number of our customers.
Starting your career at Wood
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organisation that truly cares, from industry challenges to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Sustainability is a huge part of life here. It is a major consideration in every project we undertake – whatever the challenge and whoever the customer.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognise that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective, and our approach.
On top of a competitive starting salary and various benefits, we create opportunities for you to connect, learn and grow. You will have the opportunity to network with great minds, through the support of your colleagues and through peer-to-peer relationships within our early careers network.
Some of the personal attributes we look for are:
- Flexible, adaptable, and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop.
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and humility.
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions, and challenge the norm.
Capabilities we look for are:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum.
- Strong technology skills
- Capacity to learn.
- Proactively seeks and provides feedback.
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different.
- Recently complete a double degree in Bachelor of Engineering (any discipline)/Bachelor of Commerce OR Bachelor of Commerce/Business achieving a high Credit or Distinction average
- This role would be ideal for someone who has or is studying engineering however does not wish to pursue a purely technical career
What you will get involved with:
- Under guidance, provide Estimating, Cost or Planning support within the Project Controls team to facilitate the delivery of an efficient and effective planning service to the contract.
An engineering and commerce/business degree would be ideal for this role.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific Estimating, Cost and Planning procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Provide general assistance to all members of the Project Controls team.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Health, Safety & Environment processes
What you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you and how to be successful in your role?
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards.
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems.
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together.
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there.
- Soft skills training leading to a Certificate IV in Project Management
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Engineering
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:23rd Jun 2021, 11:00 pm